what kind of fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CFC,

sorry to have gotten so devensive ( I read this under a stressful situation at work), i agree with you. it upsets me greatly and had I done my research prior to buying my first fish I would have never purchasedthem. and I agree that the stores should post something about them. I just came back form my new favorite lsf. I was looking at the painted glassfish (not to buy, just there for supplies and to take the pleco that I inherited with the tank back) and the store clerk came up to me and said you don't want those, they are injected by people. I was really suprised with his honesty. :D

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Guys, sheesh! Take it easy on the poor guy- he didn't know!

A lot of newbie fish people are.. naive at first (no offense, we all are- I didn't know they were injected until later either!)

Attacking someone who buys the fish isn't doing any good- if you're looking for someone to attack, pounce of those DOING THE DYING!

Personally, I think the glassfish looks cool naked... but most people don't realize that the fish weren't born that way... so think twice before combusting at other members because they didn't know- that's why they're here; they OBVIOUSLY want to LEARN.

*meekly smiles and hops off her soap box*

Calusa,

every one is mellow. cfc appologized if he had upset anyone(posted earlier in this forum) and I appologized for snapping at him (defending naivity , my own too) I owned 4 painted glass fish. 1 died right before my ich breakout and the other 3 I gave to a friend who has far more experience with fish keeping during the ich breakout.

I definatly understand the newbie naivity. my first 6 fish wer 4 painted glass and 4 mixed fruit tetras (dyed fish). Once I found this forum I went Oh $h!t . :crazy:

kevin007 said:
i just found out! it's a Painted Glass Fish! oh yeah baby search for pics in search engines! Yahoo, etc. :lol:
Woah! Tres cool, my friend!
I saw those today at the petstore... I didn't buy one though. I'm going to wait until my tank's cycled more. Very good! I'm glad you found out!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back