What kind of fish have you kept before?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

What fish have you owned/currently owned? (not counting invertebrates)

• Livebearers

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Tetras

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Minnows

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Goldfish

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Cichilds

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Gouramis

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Bettas

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Catfish

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Barbs

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Plecos

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Danios

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Sharks

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Rainbowfish

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Other

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
I pretty much own almost every fish category listed with the exception of sharks, goldfish, and oddballs (other). I'm currently keeping mostly killifish, one species of Apistogramma, and one species of Betta.

Over the years I have had a little bit of everything except minnows and sharks. I love cichlids, specifically SA. I also have had a number of oddball species though BGKF have a very special place in my heart.

Ah yes! I've seen those guys before!
Really striking! Not a bunch of color but they are cool to watch.
They are almost corporeal when young, the bigger they are they get a bit stiffer in motion side to side but they can throw it in reverse like no other. They look very stately in their tuxedos. MIne is 18" long now at 3 years old.

They are almost corporeal when young, the bigger they are they get a bit stiffer in motion side to side but they can throw it in reverse like no other. They look very stately in their tuxedos. MIne is 18" long now at 3 years old.
Interesting...
What size of tank is he in right now?
They do kinda look like tuxedos 😅

He is in the 180g. I am trying to convince my husband that he needs more room. He said only if we win the lottery🤞🤣
One day while he his gone get a 200g and don't say anything... Try to make the 200g look like the 180 did to the best of your abilities and he may not notice 😂

The shark group for freshwater are pretty well barbs, too. The fin shape allows the marketing of them as something cooler than what they are.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back