What kind of catfish is this

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
Hello,

When I got my biggest tank I got some fish with it. The seller described the fish as "sturisoma catsifh(regal whiptail)". I have looked in the cat-eLog on Planet Catfish but he doesn't look like the whiptails on there.

He's about 5" long but thin and looks very much like a stick (his nae is Stick! LOL), He has a very long 'nose' and when he swims he does it very clumsily, a bit drangon fly like!

Here's the bad picture I took on my phone. I will try to get a better one with my new camera soon.

Attachments

• Stick.jpg
    Stick.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 43
Looks to me like a Royal Whiptail, hard to tell from the pic, Royals can grow up to 12 inches and are very attractive fish when fully grown, how big is he?

ryan said:
Looks to me like a Royal Whiptail, hard to tell from the pic, Royals can grow up to 12 inches and are very attractive fish when fully grown, how big is he?
I think he is a twig catfish. I looked them up and it looks just like him. I also looked up Royal Twig Catfish which was the closest I could find to your suggestion and it's not like him.

Thanks for your help.

:)

They are cute creatures. I like Sturisomas more because they are more active and less fragile. But Farlowellas are also interesting with their long noses and clumsy bodies =)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back