The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

For me I've got a few choices;

1) Full Black Guppy [like 2008 BGA Winner]
2) Black Ghost Knife Fish
3) Red Tail Black Shark
4) Purple Fire Fish [marine]

Too hard to pick a favourite... I like my Peppered cory's and Dwarf Gourami's as they have some funny quirks and are fun to watch. However when male black phantom tetras are displaying I realise they are so underrated! They change to a stunning dark metallic black with their bluey silver stripes and the dorsal turns into a huge sail they sort of dance at an angle they really do look amazing - nothing like the grey shadows of a lfs tank. They do spend a lot of their time sitting in a favourite part of the tank doing very little though...

Fish I haven't got so far but also like...

Emerald eye rasps
Dwarf Rainbows
Gertrude's Rainbows,
Odessa barbs
Hara jerdoni (asian stone catfish)
Rams
Copper Harlequins

I might move on to the bigger stuff one day B-)

mine used to be psuedochromis fridmani, it is now mikrogeophagus ramirezi

That the one in your sig? They are stunner's! I plan dedicate a tank to them when I got the cash!

yeah, the one in my avatar is a pretty good example of poor quality german bred stock, the better stuff comes from the czech republic and wild caught ones are even better

Rivulus xiphidius (See avatar) currently breeding.

Closely followed
by the Diapteron group. namely
D. abacinum
D.cynostictum
D. fulgens
D. georgiae

Regards
BigC

I would say channa and discus for their uniqueness. Unforntunately, I own neither. Of what I own, I would say that my calico fancy goldfish is my favorite. I know she's not very exotic or special but her personality is outstanding. She flips and curls around the air stone almost as if she is deuling with it. She's just really cool to watch.

hmmmmm.... Let me think.... :huh:

BETTAS!!!! :D :D :D

Obviously, they have great character, on Tuesday I will have 4 Male Bettas in Total! :) :)

I also have a few faves!

Coming in in joint first place is My Pictus Cat, and my Horseface Loaches
Ive just got some Odessa Barbs and they are lush
in third place comes my ADF

My Other Half just chipped in, His fave fish are Red Tailed Cat Fish, Dragon Fish and Mudskippers

yeah, the one in my avatar is a pretty good example of poor quality german bred stock, the better stuff comes from the czech republic and wild caught ones are even better

Ahh thanks for that I noticed there is a lot of variability between shops so that figures. Worth asking where they are sourced then!

my male dwarf gouramis are so pretty but for pure character you cant beat clown loach, they look odd when older but they sleep on their sides or upside down which is just so funny to watch! a couple of days ago i was just watching and one of my clown swam to the front of the tank, sat on top of the half-mug tunnel and calmly rolled off down to one side and just laid there for a while lol they are just so quirky and the clown loach 'dance' is suposed to be amazing to watch!

My favorite fish out of all the once I've had was Rahziel. He was a crown tail betta and he passed away about 6 months ago :( Here is a pic of him:
Rahziel.jpg

My favorite that I have right now is Apple. He's a JD. I love his colors and his fun personality:
apple7.jpg

apple5.jpg

apple8.jpg

Bettas, pictus cats, neon tetra, oscars, snakeheads, mandarins, plecs, koi.

I like teh fishez.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back