What is your favorite love song?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
@Rocky998
I dunno. To me, those are breakup songs.
The first one, yes. The second one no.

That artist doesn't do MANY love songs... He has a few but mostly it's songs about life in general.

People are funny. Eric Clapton has been cited here for 2 love songs, to two different women, one of whom was married to his best friend. He's admitted to sexual and domestic violence, and has had more affairs than most of us have had colds. It makes for a strange source. for sincere romance He lost interest quickly with the woman from "Layla", and Ms Wonderful Tonight didn't fare much better. The song exists independently of the writer, but.

The 2nd NF song is about himself, right? He is trying to figure out his own problems with love. That's more of a life in general song, to my ear.

People are funny. Eric Clapton has been cited here for 2 love songs, to two different women, one of whom was married to his best friend. He's admitted to sexual and domestic violence, and has had more affairs than most of us have had colds. It makes for a strange source. for sincere romance He lost interest quickly with the woman from "Layla", and Ms Wonderful Tonight didn't fare much better. The song exists independently of the writer, but.

The 2nd NF song is about himself, right? He is trying to figure out his own problems with love. That's more of a life in general song, to my ear.
Yeah definitely. I would say that. But it shows how love comes with its challenges. You can't love and not feel any pain from it and you also have to learn to trust.
So yes, it is a life song but all love songs fall under the life song category as well because loving is just part of life.
Sometimes it's hard and it doesn't really feel like what it's been made to seem like, but that's just part of it...

It's sad that sometimes the artists sing/sometimes write these amazing love songs but their personal lives don't reciprocate it...
And that's another reason I like NF. He actually writes about what he feels, he doesn't make a fantasy land...

Well some of us enjoy stupid stuff then 😅

I've met people who say aquariums are stupid
I enjoy all kinds of stuff that others consider stupid.
But , anywho , lately I discovered Uriah Heep over 50 years too late. Might have to run down to the record shop. July Morning is an awesome song and just may be the first incarnation of metal. David Byron can really sing.

I enjoy all kinds of stuff that others consider stupid.
But , anywho , lately I discovered Uriah Heep over 50 years too late. Might have to run down to the record shop. July Morning is an awesome song and just may be the first incarnation of metal. David Byron can really sing.
Then see, you do like music... I don't get how you say that about songs and then say that you listen to metal.
Personally I have a strong dislike for it but I know it's music and people like it. I respect it that way...

Out of pure curiosity, do you look at the lyrics of the songs you listen to just to see what they say?
(I've never heard a heavy metal song where I can really hear a full sentence, that's why I ask 😅)

Last edited:
Like I just looked up the lyrics to that song "July Morning".
It looks good and clean.

But the ironic thing is, is that the lyrics aren't any different really from these other songs. All it is, is just the way it's sung you like.
Which is fine but that song would then tie in with your message on "anything too stupid to be said is sung"

You know what @Rocky998 ? I don’t really care much about lyrics. My hearing is shot and I make up my own lyrics. Only chicks care about lyrics. All metal sounds like dogs barking and garbage cans getting kicked over. That’s what I like about it.
Stephen Wright did a comedy routine where he said that chicks knew the words to “big old jet airliner” and he thought it was “big old Jed had a light on”.

You know what @Rocky998 ? I don’t really care much about lyrics. My hearing is shot and I make up my own lyrics. Only chicks care about lyrics. All metal sounds like dogs barking and garbage cans getting kicked over. That’s what I like about it.
Stephen Wright did a comedy routine where he said that chicks knew the words to “big old jet airliner” and he thought it was “big old Jed had a light on”.
Well... I wouldn't exactly consider myself a chick 😂 but I do know the lyrics that I listen to even if their hard to hear 😂
Even Jet Airliner by the Steve Miler Band. I like that song lol
Most of the songs I like for personal reasons. They help calm me, make me happy, or I can relate to them at times which is also comforting.

I look for 3 things when choosing a song I add to my playlists...
1) Meaning
2) Emotion
3) if all else fails and the song is clean then the beat better be outstanding 😂

@GaryE I might have a song you might like, can I PM you?

I have locked this thread pending cleanup of numerous shared songs that contain language inappropriate for the forum. If you share embedded media or some streamable link, the content needs to be family friendly and follow the rules of the forum.
Oooops. I'm betting my Def Leppard, I didn't do the Jefferson Starship song but I didn't encourage my kids to listen to it. sorry

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back