What is your favorite love song?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Very very sad... But an amazing song I'd strongly recommend listening to.

My favorite love song is "Torn between two lovers" by Mary MacGregor.

Dang... I forgot about this one... This is another sad one but it's lovingly sad if that makes sense...

I know its a bit repetitive, but I really really like this... I just found it today actually...

Im glad you liked it! (I always like to hear what people think of songs I share lol. So thanks!)

That's totally fine. I also have those songs I may like but don't add to my playlists cause I just don't REALLY like them enough for that or I like them so much that I don't want it to be over-played on my playlist 😅
I like it but doubt that I'd add to my normal playlist...

Im glad you liked it! (I always like to hear what people think of songs I share lol. So thanks!)

That's totally fine. I also have those songs I may like but don't add to my playlists cause I just don't REALLY like them enough for that or I like them so much that I don't want it to be over-played on my playlist 😅
Not just all that as there is also a generational difference in music tastes. ;) For instance the next two songs that it is possible that you are young enough to not even know but are great. :)

Rod Stewart, Maggie May originally done in 1971 (this is not the original). This is actually about when he was young and taken in by an older woman at a jazz festival then thrown out. REALLY cool when the audience sings the song to the artist...

Then there was Dave Loggins' Please Come to Boston.

Not just all that as there is also a generational difference in music tastes. ;) For instance the next two songs that it is possible that you are young enough to not even know but are great. :)

Rod Stewart, Maggie May originally done in 1971 (this is not the original). This is actually about when he was young and taken in by an older woman at a jazz festival then thrown out. REALLY cool when the audience sings the song to the artist...

Then there was Dave Loggins' Please Come to Boston.
I liked both if those songs from what I heard (I wasn't able to hear them all the way through at the moment but I did like what I heard. I listened about half way through on each.)

I'm lazy when it comes to finding new songs. So i dont search often. I'll just hear something on the radio or on TikTok that sounds really good and then find it...
And my dad used to share songs from his youth but he doesn't anymore and I kinda wish he would 😕
He would share a song and tell me a bit about the history but now he doesn't really do that and I think its cause he thinks I don't want to hear "older music" but that is absolutely FALSE. I just didn't appreciate it when he wouldn't let me share a song with him when he had been sharing a lot of his songs he likes.
I like the Beatles, some of Boston, a bit of Rolling Stones, Steve Miller Band, of course The Eagles, and Huey Louis and the News. (I'm sure there are others but I'm just gonna leave it at that.)
But like I said I'm lazy with music and SOMETIMES I will search for stuff but mostly I just go off of what I hear on the radio or TikTok lol.
I have an appreciation for all music. Sure there are genres I like mire than others but I always listen to a song recommended (unless its a song with bad content)

I like songs with "bad" content, because I like songs about real life. You can't sanitize life - there's lust in love and complications in friendships. When people fall in love, they tend to idealize the other person (and write soppy songs), but if they grow to love them, there's real stuff to deal with. I'm not talking about dumb negativity or death metal shock stuff, women hating rappers and rockers, etc. A real love song has warts and all.
If you have a good tune and a good beat, and you write a corny set of love lyrics that you may not feel, then you'll be on the wedding dance circuit. I think if you're looking at real love and being honest, the song will get complicated as there is bad with good.

The sweetest love songs aren't romantic ones. When new parents write songs to babies, they can really cut loose with unconditional, uncomplicated love. Those ones can be pretty, and moving. There aren't many of them because openness is scary to write down or share.

No, I mean very sexually explicit lyrics, cursing, drugs, that stuff...
I don't mind REAL life songs. Part of the reason I love the artist NF. Its not all sunshine and rainbows
I like songs with "bad" content, because I like songs about real life. You can't sanitize life - there's lust in love and complications in friendships. When people fall in love, they tend to idealize the other person (and write soppy songs), but if they grow to love them, there's real stuff to deal with. I'm not talking about dumb negativity or death metal shock stuff, women hating rappers and rockers, etc. A real love song has warts and all.
If you have a good tune and a good beat, and you write a corny set of love lyrics that you may not feel, then you'll be on the wedding dance circuit. I think if you're looking at real love and being honest, the song will get complicated as there is bad with good.

The sweetest love songs aren't romantic ones. When new parents write songs to babies, they can really cut loose with unconditional, uncomplicated love. Those ones can be pretty, and moving. There aren't many of them because openness is scary to write down or share.

Most reactions

Back