What is your favorite fish and invert, why?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes, they need over 100 gallons. I would have loved to get a nice looking male at my LFS. They had him on sale for $18. But I thought to myself, “Now PheonixKingZ, what happened last time you got a fish and didn’t do research first?”

I’ve learned to always get advice/tips before getting a new fish. Also to look up it’s care. :good:

Everyone has their favorite fish, one, two or more species :)

My favorite fish are bettas, they are beautiful, cute, funny and intelligent fishies, but they have a con that they are more susceptible to diseases like dropsy that is a kiss of death.
I actually like labirynth fish ;)

Including all livebearing fish because they aren't intelligent and do lots of funny stuff.. like begging for food even they got chunky from all my love to them lol.

As for inverts I like shrimp, my favorites are Bamboo, amano, cherry and vamp shrimp (vampire shrimp [aka. Gabon Shrimp]), but they also have their cons like the vamp shrimp and bamboo as they have to be crushed food and won't take whole pellets or flakes, or the amano shrimp that is hard to breed and the fact that cherry shrimp populate tanks like rabbits populate forests.

What are your favorite fish and inverts?
i think saltwater fish especially blue ones. never had saltwater so don’t know the names. also my native river fish especially rainbow darters. never any experience with inverts other than snails. had bad luck with mystery snails- for both me and the snail

my favorite fish is rainbow sharks. My first tank i got when i was 8 years old i wanted a rainbow shark because what kid doesnt want a shark, ( not sharks;))i only had a 20 gallon i didnt know any better and the lfs sure as heck didnt tell me any different so i got a rainbow shark when he was maybe and inch long, he got around 6 inches long over 2 years, he lived the longest of any of my fish in my disaster tank living in a ceramic log my grandma made for me, i also had a common pleco and he lived in a sunken ship wreck the rainbow shark and pleco used to chase eachother away from their boat and log, i loved the shenanigans, little did i know i was slowly killing both as my tank was far too small for both of them.My Rainbow shark only lived a couple years:( but he was my buddy, i wish i had known more so i could have given him a better home:(
Favorite invert. Olive nerite snail. Ive never had any luck with tigers or zebras but whenever i can get my hand on some olive nerites they live for a few years and eat all the algae. Theyre amazing and fun to watch.

my favorite fish is rainbow sharks. My first tank i got when i was 8 years old i wanted a rainbow shark because what kid doesnt want a shark, ( not sharks;))i only had a 20 gallon i didnt know any better and the lfs sure as heck didnt tell me any different so i got a rainbow shark when he was maybe and inch long, he got around 6 inches long over 2 years, he lived the longest of any of my fish in my disaster tank living in a ceramic log my grandma made for me, i also had a common pleco and he lived in a sunken ship wreck the rainbow shark and pleco used to chase eachother away from their boat and log, i loved the shenanigans, little did i know i was slowly killing both as my tank was far too small for both of them.My Rainbow shark only lived a couple years:( but he was my buddy, i wish i had known more so i could have given him a better home:(
Favorite invert. Olive nerite snail. Ive never had any luck with tigers or zebras but whenever i can get my hand on some olive nerites they live for a few years and eat all the algae. Theyre amazing and fun to watch.

Oh no! I'm so sorry!

Everyone has their favorite fish, one, two or more species :)

My favorite fish are bettas, they are beautiful, cute, funny and intelligent fishies, but they have a con that they are more susceptible to diseases like dropsy that is a kiss of death.
I actually like labirynth fish ;)

Including all livebearing fish because they aren't intelligent and do lots of funny stuff.. like begging for food even they got chunky from all my love to them lol.

As for inverts I like shrimp, my favorites are Bamboo, amano, cherry and vamp shrimp (vampire shrimp [aka. Gabon Shrimp]), but they also have their cons like the vamp shrimp and bamboo as they have to be crushed food and won't take whole pellets or flakes, or the amano shrimp that is hard to breed and the fact that cherry shrimp populate tanks like rabbits populate forests.

What are your favorite fish and inverts?
My golden dojos without a doubt. Love the cory catfish, love them all but the dojos take the prize!

Attachments

• 20210110_092554.jpg
    20210110_092554.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 32

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back