What Is Your Dream Fish Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thelaw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i want you comment down below what your dream fish tank is from top tip bottom
my dream fish tank would be 1001 gallons with 550 gallon sump filter with live plants plant substrate with sand on top of that with the best lighting on the market with big caves for the fish to hide in the fish i would put in it would be

1. a trimac cichlid
2. a rio mag umby cichlid
3. a wolf cichlid
4. a jauar cichlid
5. a Oscar cichlid
6. a red devil cichlid
7. a jack Dempsey cichlid  
8. a green terror cichlid
9. a common pleco
10. a giant Gourami

so i want to know what yours is.

750 gallons mix black and white sand, a bit of tan gravel around the side and back edges.
Heavily planted, with lots of driftwood and rocks.  Slate caves.

1 Black Ghost Knifefish
1 Blue-eyed Pleco
2-6 Angelfish
50 mix of black and white skirt Tetras
30 Rummynose Tetras
1 Red-tailed Shark
30 Black Cories

Of course I haven't really looked into whether or not these fish would all get along... :dunno: 

This is a hard choice, I will mchoose my top 2.

300g aquarium, large river rock substrate, slate cves, no plants.

3 oscars
8 silver dollars

And, a 150g goldfish tank! Anubias forest, thats as far as I got
laugh.png

A 250 gallon reef tank with a 100 gallon split sump refugium tank underneath.
For lighting the best metal halides money can buy.
For fish I'd go with a pair of maroon clownfish and about 30 green chromis fish.
As for corals there's way to many to name lol.

A 10x4x3ft with a Black Ghost Knife, fire eel, and bichirs, with lots of plants. c:

I have no idea how big, but replace the wall between the dining room and the lounge with a tank about 3' wide (so probably 12' by 6' by 4') as a massive marine setup. The width would be enough for me to scuba dive in and arrange/clean/etc when required.

In the middle (or perhaps at 1/3 from each end so twice) have bracing glued (?) to both sides of the tank in a zig-zag pattern and an airstone so I get trickles of bubbles going up the bracing.

Of course, to do so would mean building the tank first and then the house around it to cope with the sheer weight of the water (I reckon at least 8 tonnes) and decorations. Then there's the extra room somewhere for the sump...

On second thoughts, a nice 200g (or 500g) setup full of tropicals, bogwood and as many plants as I can cram in. With lighting to suit, and a massive school of neon tetras (50+), and at least 3 schools (12+) of different Rainbowfish. And a full-time fish tank cleaner person so I don't have to get messy.

Then there's what the wife will let me get away with, which wouldn't be much bigger than what I've already got.

Gruntle said:
I have no idea how big, but replace the wall between the dining room and the lounge with a tank about 3' wide (so probably 12' by 6' by 4') as a massive marine setup. The width would be enough for me to scuba dive in and arrange/clean/etc when required.

In the middle (or perhaps at 1/3 from each end so twice) have bracing glued (?) to both sides of the tank in a zig-zag pattern and an airstone so I get trickles of bubbles going up the bracing.

Of course, to do so would mean building the tank first and then the house around it to cope with the sheer weight of the water (I reckon at least 8 tonnes) and decorations. Then there's the extra room somewhere for the sump...

On second thoughts, a nice 200g (or 500g) setup full of tropicals, bogwood and as many plants as I can cram in. With lighting to suit, and a massive school of neon tetras (50+), and at least 3 schools (12+) of different Rainbowfish. And a full-time fish tank cleaner person so I don't have to get messy.

Then there's what the wife will let me get away with, which wouldn't be much bigger than what I've already got.
wow that is a cool set up.
Betta_Shark5678 said:
750 gallons mix black and white sand, a bit of tan gravel around the side and back edges.
Heavily planted, with lots of driftwood and rocks.  Slate caves.

1 Black Ghost Knifefish
1 Blue-eyed Pleco
2-6 Angelfish
50 mix of black and white skirt Tetras
30 Rummynose Tetras
1 Red-tailed Shark
30 Black Cories

Of course I haven't really looked into whether or not these fish would all get along...
Dunno.gif
that would be just the knife fish would eat the tetras.

I don't think I really have an ideal set up just ideal fish

The entire amazon river system :)

I'd build a wall to wall in one of our alcoves. Nothing too big, but I like the idea of a fitted tank. Maybe around 800l...

A few months ago I'd have said discus all the way, but I'm developing a real liking for many SA Cichlids now.... I'd have to plant the tank, but include much bogwood and rock/slate to include many hiding places. My plants would need to be pretty robust as well.

Severum Rotkeil
Santarem Altum
Discus
2 species of Tetras large enough to survive (20 per shoal)
Several species of Corydoras

Not sure on numbers, but I wouldn't want to stock it to the limit. I'd buy wild caught where possible, especially the cichlids and cory's. Then receive divorce proceedings from the missus over the cost!!

a big tank, maybe 125g with a big group of Pictus catfish and Bichir <3<3 planted with awesome pieces of driftwood. Maybe in my bedroom BAHAHAHA

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back