What is wrong with my betta?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I was being a weisenheimer. :) Back in my day (when dinosaurs roamed the earth) small goldfish bowls were thought to be perfectly acceptable for a lone male Betta, then along came the 2 1/2 gallon mini aquarium and that was thought to be great. Next a 5 gallon was thought to be perfect. And it is ! Now @PheonixKingZ is advocating a 10 gallon and that really is good. So I was just poking fun at the ever bigger philosophy popular today. Bigger is always better. More swimming room for the fish, more stable water conditions, just better in many ways. But don't you think that one male Betta in a heavily planted 55 gallon would be awesome for him ? :p

But don't you think that one male Betta in a heavily planted 55 gallon would be awesome for him ? :p
Totally! A 5g is the common these days, but I think a 10g is the absolute perfect size for a betta tank. (Some people don’t have room for a 10g tank, that’s why a 5g would be perfect. :))

Totally! A 5g is the common these days, but I think a 10g is the absolute perfect size for a betta tank. (Some people don’t have room for a 10g tank, that’s why a 5g would be perfect. :))
A ten gallon is only four inches longer than a five gallon. With a ten you have the possibility of some tankmates for a Betta. In a five he might not like interlopers.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back