What is This?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

noobfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
One of my sunburst is just sitting and fluttering it's legs like mad. Is it molting or pregnant?

20210916_090812.jpg
20210916_090937.jpg

aww shrimp babies!!
they are pregnant make sure there are no predators and you will have cute larva
pls update us

She's berried!! Carrying eggs...that look to be pretty close to turning into shrimplets!! Congratulations...your a grandparent!
These are great shots..you can actually see their little eyeballs in the second shot.
Be careful when vacuuming the tank in coming weeks...there will be babies all over!

So it will be live young and not eggs? Coloring should be interesting, I have a skittle bag of shrimp in there!

The eggs are what you can see between the swimmerets under her abdomen. The eggs hatch into free swimming shrimplets which are tiny and very easy to suck up when you clean the tank.

The eggs are what you can see between the swimmerets under her abdomen. The eggs hatch into free swimming shrimplets which are tiny and very easy to suck up when you clean the tank.
And, easily sucked into filters, without proper prefilters over the inlet tubes.

Forgot to mention that - I have net over the intake slits of the internal filter in my shrimp tank. Tights/pantyhose work just as well but look a bit unsightly.

A week or two ago i had two berried shrimp. I strongly suspect the shrimp babies are the reason the Apistogramma merely watches the the bug bites pellets with mild interest. I really need to get a little tank with just shrimp.....

Mine are in a 30 cm cube with just a nerite snail for company ;)

And, easily sucked into filters, without proper prefilters over the inlet tubes.
I do have a prefilter sponge over the intake and just did a gravel vac this morning. Guess that's it for a while!

This tank now has...

2x Sunburst Shrimp
3x Red Fire (Cherry) Shrimp
2x Snowball Shrimp
1x Blue Velvet Shrimp
2x Blue Mystery Snails
2x Red Onion Nerites

Place your bets on what color they will be! :vote::lol:

*Edit: The snowballs were only added 2 days ago, so factor that into you color guess!*

I just used a Fluval Edge prefilter sponge. Should be fine enough, right??
I don't use sponges of any kind, so not sure...just peek inside your filter(s) occasionally for any hoovered shrimplets

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back