What is This?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stargazee

Reaction score
Hey guys I have had this particular fish for a year and can not classify it. I know all my other fish but what is this?

Attachments

• 075BF89B-A6F1-46C9-AA1C-C1885CC743DC.jpeg
    075BF89B-A6F1-46C9-AA1C-C1885CC743DC.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 99
African Rift Lake cichlid, possibly a Protomelas sp or something similar.

How big is the fish?
How big is the tank?
Do you feed them well and do regular water changes?

If the fish is 1 year old and has been fed well and you have done regular water changes, it should be full grown and the adult size will help us to work out what the fish is.

African Rift Lake cichlid, possibly a Protomelas sp or something similar.

How big is the fish?
How big is the tank?
Do you feed them well and do regular water changes?

If the fish is 1 year old and has been fed well and you have done regular water changes, it should be full grown and the adult size will help us to work out what the fish is.

The fish is about 3.75” in a 35 gallon Mbuna tank. If it’s a hap, we need to get a bigger tank and I’m already thinking a 75 but with the mbunas they need chaos tank. I do regular water changes as in 1/2 once every two weeks and 1/3 2x a week with Anubis plants in the tank and a FluvalSmart canister for a100 gallon. Water is pristine as I test weekly witg a master test kit and I feed them north fin, peas, algae red and green, cucumbers, repashy, and zucchini.

The fish is about 3.75” in a 35 gallon Mbuna tank. If it’s a hap, we need to get a bigger tank and I’m already thinking a 75 but with the mbunas they need chaos tank. I do regular water changes as in 1/2 once every two weeks and 1/3 2x a week with Anubis plants in the tank and a FluvalSmart canister for a100 gallon. Water is pristine as I test weekly witg a master test kit and I feed them north fin, peas, algae red and green, cucumbers, repashy, and zucchini.

Uhhh Haps need more than veggies...I thought I had all veggie eaters!!!!!

Stepping out on a limb, but it looks to me like a Rock Kribensis (Haplochromis Sauvagei). I'd certainly like another set of eyes - it's been about 4 years since I've seen a rock krib in person.

Beautiful fish!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back