What is this?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ashleydawn

Reaction score
What is this stringy thing ? Is it a worm?

Attachments

• B3BFE4E9-513A-4F4D-A4D2-AF7F79E9EAA8.jpeg
    B3BFE4E9-513A-4F4D-A4D2-AF7F79E9EAA8.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 1B492500-CF99-4A22-930A-59E6AEDCDE94.jpeg
    1B492500-CF99-4A22-930A-59E6AEDCDE94.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 28616DC4-67AD-473C-85F1-17FBD3401AA3.jpeg
    28616DC4-67AD-473C-85F1-17FBD3401AA3.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 136
No, in a goldfish that is normal poop. :). They do it several times a day. Unlike other fish, goldfish have no stomach so it goes right through. I always love cleaning my goldie tank. Lol!

Last edited:
No, in a goldfish that is normal poop. :). They do it several times a day. Unlike other fish, goldfish have no stomach so it goes right through. I always love cleaning my goodie tank. Lol!
Cleaning my goldfish tank is torturous, too much poop. o_O

Use a gravel cleaner. You can buy them from pet shops or make your own from a 1, 1.5 or 2 litre plastic drink bottle and a garden hose.

Cut the bottom off the bottle and remove the lid and plastic ring from the top of the bottle. Throw these bits in the recycling bin.

Stick a garden hose in the top of the bottle and run the hose out the door onto the lawn.

Start draining water out of the tank and push the plastic bottle into the gravel and lift it up. Then move it to another area and push it into the gravel and lift it up. The gunk in the gravel gets sucked out with some of the water. When you have drained 75% of the tank water out, stop gravel cleaning and refill the tank with dechlorinated water.

Make sure any aquarium heaters or power filters are turned off before draining the water out.

Use a gravel cleaner. You can buy them from pet shops or make your own from a 1, 1.5 or 2 litre plastic drink bottle and a garden hose.

Cut the bottom off the bottle and remove the lid and plastic ring from the top of the bottle. Throw these bits in the recycling bin.

Stick a garden hose in the top of the bottle and run the hose out the door onto the lawn.

Start draining water out of the tank and push the plastic bottle into the gravel and lift it up. Then move it to another area and push it into the gravel and lift it up. The gunk in the gravel gets sucked out with some of the water. When you have drained 75% of the tank water out, stop gravel cleaning and refill the tank with dechlorinated water.

Make sure any aquarium heaters or power filters are turned off before draining the water out.
I have one but still hard to clean it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back