What is this ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bogusmove

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I spotted what I initially thought was a husk of some former creature (I couldn't see it very well hiding under the (inactive) airstone). However, to my great surprise, when I tried to remove it, it evaded me!! I nearly fell off the chair with surprise!

Can anyone tell me what it is and/or where it might have come from?

Here is a pic:

ulf1.jpg

Here is another, where you can see its tail:

ulf2.jpg

I seem to be forever asking this question! What is this algae, what are these worms, what is this shrimp!

Thanks!

Awwwww, a little shrimp! Keep him! They are good cleaners and at that size he won't hurt your other fish. If you have live plants he could have stowed away in a plant when you bought it.

Not sure what kind it is though. Looks just like a ghost shrimp but a different color. It may be an amano shrimp but I think they are more red then that.

That is a very unique looking shrimp!! I was very interested because I've never seen anything like it, so I checked out some sites and the closest thing I could find was the Common Fan Shrimp (Atyopsis moluccensis).

image006.jpg

Looking at your pics, and as you have a possibile ID as a fan shrimp, I would guess at a bamboo shrimp.

Have a Google on that and see if the pics are the same as yours.

HTH, Eddie

Lol, I dunno. I just said that because he was smaller then the air stone. I don't know what kind he is so ummm I don't know how big he'll get hehe. Good thing you found a match!!! He's a very pretty shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back