What is this white protruding thing on my widow fish? Is this ICH

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sanjuez

Reaction score
Hi all, kindly help me in understanding what is this white thing that looks like protruding from my widow fish on its body just above the bottom fin. The opposite side of this affected area looks to be a bit reddish. Is this ICH or is it something else?

Attachments

• 20221208_194115.jpg
    20221208_194115.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 29
1. Water parameters. (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, PH, temp', Hardness etc) - I am unable to check these
2. A full description of the fishes symptoms. - The fish eats food, but a few days earlier the area was small in size
3. How often you do water changes and how much - There is a filter and the tank is just 4 weeks old. I am new to this hobby
4. Any chemicals and treatments you add to the water - Blackwater Conditioner, but it as added at the time of setting up the tank
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09HXPZXCC/?tag=
5. What tank mates are in the tank. - Guppies, other widow fishes, Dwarf Gourami
6. Tank size - 50L
7. Finally Have you recently added any new fish? - These widow fishes were the latest additions

Looks like anchor worm.

On another note, you really need a good test kit to test your water...the tank most likely is not cycled

Just to add that it is definitely not ich. In case the fish get that in the future, it looks as though the fish has been sprinkled with salt.

Thank you so much. As I checked now the white thing is no more to be seen and there is a small wound. Maybe one of the other fish just ate it. Any suggestions on what can be done to save my other fishes??

Looks like anchor worm.

On another note, you really need a good test kit to test your water...the tank most likely is not cycled

Thank you so much. As I checked now the white thing is no more to be seen and there is a small wound. Maybe one of the other fish just ate it. Any suggestions on what can be done to save my other fishes??

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back