What is this ugly fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Your not far wrong there m8 ;)

However.......................this fish may look evil but its the Wallago Attu Catfish that i aspire to keep one day lol

These things get to 8 feet long and eat ANYTHING!! that will fit in their mouths including dogs cats and small children that swim in its native lakes :0 :what:

A bloke in the good ole USA keeps one in a pond in his backyard but will not dare go near the pond without his shot gun lmfao :laugh: :laugh: .......says he's scared "poo"less of it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:) Wow pete! that "wels" is a cracker!! You'll need a swiming pool to keep babies like that!! :laugh: :laugh: Mac.

That seems to be the one unless there is another. I'm sure it was in a reservior or small lake. Haven't heard anything else aprt from the article Pete posted

There are quite a few Wels Catfish in the UK in resevoirs and gravel pits etc but the licence laws for the keeping of this fish are very strict about keeping it in areas likely to flood, hence the illegal specimens being kept unregistered.

However the fines impossed for keeping these fish illegally are HUGE!!!!!!!!! so its a hell of a risk to take trying to dodge the legalitys :what: .

BTW a member of our club also has a licence to keep Bitterling :D

Sod it I'll just have to renew my dangerous species license and get something reall nice ;)

Amazing!!! :eek: :but: I hope they catch the catfish soon.

Faye

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back