What is this plant

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

G

Guest14017

It sticks up outta the water lol. I think it's a cool plant. The goldfish eats off of it too. I want a few more of them but I got this in a BUNDLE of plants for a guppy tank 6 months ago and have no clue what it is called.
20210920_141856.jpg
20210920_141900.jpg
20210920_141817.jpg

Upon research - it does look like the latter plant. Thank you!!

Upon research - it does look like the latter plant. Thank you!!
Ya can't beat a good bit of research before bed! You're welcome.
In my tank, it's a very good plant, with a bit of height to it. It got a bit 'leggy' in the shop, so I cut it down. Sprouts are coming from where I cut the parent plant and the cuttings are clearly continuing to grow.

Ya can't beat a good bit of research before bed! You're welcome.
In my tank, it's a very good plant, with a bit of height to it. It got a bit 'leggy' in the shop, so I cut it down. Sprouts are coming from where I cut the parent plant and the cuttings are clearly continuing to grow.
As you can see, the goldfish bites off the leaves... but the plant does okay. The tank is a 20 gallon LONG and it sticks out of the water. I figured with a few more, maybe he will leave the leaves alone on a few of them.

I tend to classify plants as "ones that grow for me" and "ones that don't".....
That's me too! I don't have enough substrate so I just make sure the plants don't need that and I toss them in. Oddly enough, though the goldfish eats off many of the plants... they all seem to be doing fairly well.

I read anubias and java fern for fish that like to munch leaves, as no-one seems to like them. It's possible things like Oscars would tear them apart just to be evil of course.

As you can see, the goldfish bites off the leaves... but the plant does okay. The tank is a 20 gallon LONG and it sticks out of the water. I figured with a few more, maybe he will leave the leaves alone on a few of them.
And/or you could trim the top third off and re-plant the cuttings.
The beauty of plants is that, when you have found one that actually grows, it repeatedly self-replicates.

I read anubias and java fern for fish that like to munch leaves, as no-one seems to like them. It's possible things like Oscars would tear them apart just to be evil of course.
I cannot keep Java fern alive. And he has an anubias. And he also has lilies and other plants he doesn't bother. He likes this plant, the wisteria, and the water sprite a bit.

I guess fibre helps with a short body fancy also
Shion is really not that short bodied, but ALL goldfish, be they standard types or fancy types... love to eat vegetation. Each fish has their preferences so it's trial and error to see what they will leave alone.
20210919_211743.jpg
20210919_211744.jpg
20210919_211717.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back