FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Same here! Got myself a little teary-eyed when I was making that thread about common plecos. They look so beautiful when they're fully grown. They may be fat lards, but they're my fat lards ?
Oh jeepers dude ??‍♀️

Nah, I'm a dude. I've been mistaken for a girl at least a half dozen times now!
LOL, that reminds me of my first job. I was working at my dad's cake shop and I had long wavy hair. I was at the counter but working in the till and had my back to the customers. This guy comes in and goes g'day love, can I grab one of those? I turned around and he went "oh s^it, sorry mate". We all had a good laugh.

I've been told I have a feminine way about myself a lot actually, even before the pleco thing! Nothing wrong with showing your pug-ugly plecos a little bit of love!
Someone's got to love them ?

Hi,

So I recently noticed some white cotton-ish growth on my male BN, around his gills - started on only one side and then quickly became evident on the other side too. I immediately took some photos and went to my LFS who suggested its probably a fungus (i suspected this!). I purchased some treatment, and checked dose multiple times before treating his entire tank (about 2pm today). Unfortunately on this occasion I was not able to quarantine him.

Tonight (about 8pm-ish) I noticed this on my BN. Struggled to video it, but fortunately did eventually manage! I dont know how I would explain it without a video? (Converted to animated GIF for the forum)

PLEASE PLEASE help with a diagnosis and suggestions on how to best treat him? This does not look good!

Thanks in advance!
This is my bn pleco a few days after treatment. He had this fungus just like yours. Its totally gone now. In the picture he had a little bit of white left on the gill flaps.

Attachments

• 20210401_233405.jpg
    20210401_233405.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 79
This is my bn pleco a few days after treatment. He had this fungus just like yours. Its totally gone now. In the picture he had a little bit of white left on the gill flaps.
Hello :)
Are you sure your BN pleco had the same "fungus" as @JamieTYV 's ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back