FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Thought as much, so heā€™s in a 28l quarantine tank (accurately calculated to 28.12l of water in a 30l tank)

so half dose will be 0.5tbsp per 20l - or 0.25tbsp per 10l... 0.25 x 2.8 = 0.7tbsp for my 28l quarantine tank - essentially just a bit less than 3/4 of a tbsp...

Sorry, I lack confidence with my maths can someone confirm I have this right? And that it will actually stand a chance of helping my BN?
Normal dose is 1 tablespoon per each 5 gallons of tank water. So use 1/2 tablespoon.

As this a deformity, is the fish suffering. He seems to lose control in the video and gets knocked over. Would euthanasia be better?
Maybe youā€™re looking at the second ā€œfor comparisonā€ video that someone else posted? My fish doesnā€™t lose control or fall over - heā€™s laid on the substrate all the way through my video! ?

Colin usually says a heaped TBSP, but I might be conservative and do a level one knowing that plecs donā€™t tolerate salt treatment as well as other species. Do you agree?
A level tbsp of table salt = 17.3 grams
A level tbsp of coarse salt = 13.2 grams.

Watch the initial video, now watch this

Looks exactly the same to me. Only in the case they are infected odontodes and the pleco flaring them in annoyance/pain... Exact same placement, exact same shape. Exact same flaring, I don't see any mysterious tentacle creature

I had no idea they did this! Do you know the reason behind it?

Colin usually says a heaped TBSP, but I might be conservative and do a level one knowing that plecs donā€™t tolerate salt treatment as well as other species. Do you agree?
I agree, yes....can't hurt to start out conservative, is my guess, but I've never used salt as a treatment...seems to me it could be added incrementally, though

@Colin_T

Betta flare every time they see their reflection or a possible opponent. Mine flared at "his" Nerite snail trying to munch antennas, also at Bamboo shrimps but they didn't give it a damn?

I am Jamie and I am indeed the OP (and Male if that information is relevant...)

I can screengrab the video where the "tentacles" are shown stretched out, but as the forum doesnt let me directly upload videos, its a little difficult - particularly as the animated GIF in the first post doesnt auto play - so most people see the still image and think like I did - immediately assuming fungus.

Screenshots of the video where the "tentacles" are extended attached...
I'm just confused. This doesn't look like it is made of the bone like tissue odontodes are made out of. Maybe it could be the stuff plecos coats the odontodes with got infected, but I just don't know.

I'm just confused. This doesn't look like it is made of the bone like tissue odontodes are made out of. Maybe it could be the stuff plecos coats the odontodes with got infected, but I just don't know.
Regardless, I gotta admit, this is one of the more fascinating/interesting/unique threads I've ever read in 8+ years of fishkeeping...and of having plecos that long, of my own

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back