FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Some of you here cannot be watching the same video that I am....it's not a disease, it's not part of the fish, it is a separate organism, period.
Watch the initial video, now watch this

Looks exactly the same to me. Only in the case they are infected odontodes and the pleco flaring them in annoyance/pain... Exact same placement, exact same shape. Exact same flaring, I don't see any mysterious tentacle creature

Eh. Are you sure that movement wasn't the pleco trying to flare it's cheek odontodes?
Do you mean this ?

Hmmmm.....I may have learned something new today......Thank you, @Bub
Diseased defensive mechanism (that I never knew existed)

I stand (well, sit) corrected...

Attachments

• bnp.jpg
    bnp.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Watch the initial video, now watch this

Looks exactly the same to me. Only in the case they are infected odontodes and the pleco flaring them in annoyance/pain... Exact same placement, exact same shape. Exact same flaring, I don't see any mysterious tentacle creature
Now this is interesting, in all my years of fishkeeping ive never seen a BN do this, and have definitely learned something new!

I actually feel like we may be quite close to an answer now, but if we have identified what the “tentacle monster” actually is, what am I best treating these white blotches with? White spot treatment? Anti fungal? Salt as per @Colin_T usually 1 heaped tbsp per 20l - or perhaps less strong due to BN a being scaleless?

Now this is interesting, in all my years of fishkeeping ive never seen a BN do this, and have definitely learned something new!

I actually feel like we may be quite close to an answer now, but if we have identified what the “tentacle monster” actually is, what am I best treating these white blotches with? White spot treatment? Anti fungal? Salt as per @Colin_T usually 1 heaped tbsp per 20l - or perhaps less strong due to BN a being scaleless?
Can’t use that much salt on a pleco. You’ll have to 1/2 dose it.

Can’t use that much salt on a pleco. You’ll have to 1/2 dose it.
Thought as much, so he’s in a 28l quarantine tank (accurately calculated to 28.12l of water in a 30l tank)

so half dose will be 0.5tbsp per 20l - or 0.25tbsp per 10l... 0.25 x 2.8 = 0.7tbsp for my 28l quarantine tank - essentially just a bit less than 3/4 of a tbsp...

Sorry, I lack confidence with my maths can someone confirm I have this right? And that it will actually stand a chance of helping my BN?

As this a deformity, is the fish suffering. He seems to lose control in the video and gets knocked over. Would euthanasia be better?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back