FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So all the freshwater ones pertain to Hydrozoa and it is definitely either Hydra or Cordylophora, probably Cordylophora. I just have no idea how one would treat it.

Can we get pictures and video showing both sides?

What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the water?

Who told you the fish was wild caught?
Bristlenose are rarely wild caught these days because everyone breeds them in captivity.

It's not a creature from the black lagoon or a parasite.

Can we get pictures and video showing both sides?

What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the water?

Who told you the fish was wild caught?
Bristlenose are rarely wild caught these days because everyone breeds them in captivity.

It's not a creature from the black lagoon or a parasite.
Hi Colin_T!

I aim on getting more pictures/videos today, once he is in QT it should be much easier.

Levels are 0-0-5 across the board, with pH 7.2.

The LFS i purchased him from said "wild caught" so no concrete proof, but I had no reason to disbelieve them.

Hi Colin_T!

I aim on getting more pictures/videos today, once he is in QT it should be much easier.

Levels are 0-0-5 across the board, with pH 7.2.

The LFS i purchased him from said "wild caught" so no concrete proof, but I had no reason to disbelieve them.
Interesting

So, he is in quarantine now, safe and sound in a nice relaxed quarantine tank.

I took some more photos as requested by @Colin_T. Not the easiest task as he seems to know when the iphone is pointed at him (do iphones use lasers to assist with focus? maybe he can see them?)

See attached. :)

I think im going to salt treat the quarantine tank, will see how he goes over the next day or two (still has fungal treatment in the water) and go from there following instructions on another thread by @Colin_T (he certainly knows his stuff!)

Attachments

• aciah-hv9yd.jpg
    aciah-hv9yd.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 186
  • aijgd-n96rd.jpg
    aijgd-n96rd.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 192
  • alqzd-bkroq.jpg
    alqzd-bkroq.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 194
  • an0h5-19woq.jpg
    an0h5-19woq.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 184
  • aufk2-jutpg.jpg
    aufk2-jutpg.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 182
  • ayr3a-auig0.jpg
    ayr3a-auig0.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 179
So, he is in quarantine now, safe and sound in a nice relaxed quarantine tank.

I took some more photos as requested by @Colin_T. Not the easiest task as he seems to know when the iphone is pointed at him (do iphones use lasers to assist with focus? maybe he can see them?)

See attached. :)

I think im going to salt treat the quarantine tank, will see how he goes over the next day or two (still has fungal treatment in the water) and go from there following instructions on another thread by @Colin_T (he certainly knows his stuff!)
Poor guy... His eyes look sad.

I would try salt as ColinT prescribes. But I have in a past life knocked things like that out with formalin, you would need to check dosage rates. I think about a 30 second bath in a weak solution.
Formalin ? Really ? A lil ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back