FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

oc.eannn

Reaction score
i did a 80% water change yesterday and cleaned the gravel so i donā€™t understand. is it snail eggs? Iā€™m going out to buy crustaceans pesticide today because im sick of this

Attachments

• 4494AE78-1A42-42B2-85E5-9AB640F703DD.jpeg
    4494AE78-1A42-42B2-85E5-9AB640F703DD.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 51
i did a 80% water change yesterday and cleaned the gravel so i donā€™t understand. is it snail eggs? Iā€™m going out to buy crustaceans pesticide today because im sick of this
Do not use any form of crustacean pesticide! Not a good idea!
Also that's poop not eggs

It can cause bad effects to the fish AND cause an ammonia spike if there is a massive die out of a species in a tank.

Anything that is meant to kill really shouldn't be added to a tank... Not good

It can cause bad effects to the fish AND cause an ammonia spike if there is a massive die out of a species in a tank.

Anything that is meant to kill really shouldn't be added to a tank... Not good
So how can I get rid of the snails

Snails are part and parcel of fishkeeping when you have live plants.

Years ago one of my aquariums had an infestation so bad that looking through the glass into the aquarium was almost impossible

Cut down the feeding...maybe a couple days fasting each week (my fish are not fed every day and they are absolutely fine)

Best ways to get rid of them is get a lettuce leaf, leave it in the aquarium for a few hours and the snails will congregate there, lift the leaf out with snails and chuck it away....or crush the snails, many fish are quite partial to them when freshly squished

I found that by the time I'd got everyone off to work the snails had eaten their fill and crawled off the lettuce leaf :grr:

There is a variation on the lettuce leaf trick. Use a jar with a lid and punch holes in the lid from the outside so that the spikes around the hole point into the jar. Put the lettuce into the jar and lay it on its side on the bottom of the tank. The idea is that the snails will go through the holes to reach the lettuce but the spikes round the holes will stop them getting back out.

Just leave the snails in there and don't worry but keep them to a respectful amount by not over feeding the tank. They don't breed as much when not being fed a lot. Think of food as their volume button šŸ˜‰

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back