What?! Is this duckweed???

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Sooo. Long story short I had some guppies in a 10 gallon. I moved the fuplies to a 15 gallon and emptied the 10, completely rinsed everything and set up the tank on my new stand.

I found a little floating plant. It looks like duckweed to me. I have never EVER had duckweed in any of my tanks. how in the world did it get there? Is it duckweed or something else?

Attachments

• 20200529_140239.jpg
    20200529_140239.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 210
Yes, it is duckweed. Who knows how you got it. It could have been thrown in accidently by one of your LFS workers, the last time you bought fish/plants. That how I got all of my Salvinia, lol.

Yes, it is duckweed. Who knows how you got it. It could have been thrown in accidently by one of your LFS workers, the last time you bought fish/plants. That how I got all of my Salvinia, lol.
I havent bought fish or plants in 8 months! (For that tank)

Hmm... really no way to tell at this point. The fact is, you do have a little duckweed and it might grow if given the proper care.

I'm fine with having duckweed, in fact very happy if I do. I don't mind removing it. I'm just mind blown that its there, I could swear it wasn't when I drained the tank.

Personally I don't think that looks like duckweed. That being said I literally have no clue what I think it is.. Something along the very vague lines of a seedling or something?
Could be wrong though. I've only kept giant duckweed before.

Personally I don't think that looks like duckweed. That being said I literally have no clue what I think it is.. Something along the very vague lines of a seedling or something?
Could be wrong though. I've only kept giant duckweed before.
I agree it does look like a seedling

Trust me, its a duckweed section. (Duckweed usually has 3 leaves in each section.)

Sooo. Long story short I had some guppies in a 10 gallon. I moved the fuplies to a 15 gallon and emptied the 10, completely rinsed everything and set up the tank on my new stand.

I found a little floating plant. It looks like duckweed to me. I have never EVER had duckweed in any of my tanks. how in the world did it get there? Is it duckweed or something else?
Looks kinda like an alfalfa sprout.
I think the roots are to wide to be connected to the green part. Duckweed is flat and has multiple hairline roots.
At least what I recall from last year

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back