What Is This Cory Called?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Umbriel

Reaction score
I got two of this fish a couple of weeks ago, but still don't know what cory they are. Their "faces" look very different from the rest of my cories, as you can tell from the very last picture.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

elegans & sterbae?

Thanks Mike Os。

The one I wish to find out about is actually the one in the first picture. I know the one in the last pic is a Sterbai, was just trying to show how different the shapes of their faces are.

Is it an Elegans? According to the pictures I found on the Internet C. Elegans look quite different from this fish. But they were sold to me as Elegans though.

How big is it? It might be a young one that hasn't got all its color yet.

How big is it? It might be a young one that hasn't got all its color yet.

Hi afishdude, thanks for ur reply. I think it's an grown up as it's more than 3CM long now. Could it possibly a mixture of two different kinds of cories?

spotted ones ..sterbae..other is potentially an amelanistic form of the same...not quite albino, as would have red eyes , but minus the natural body pigments

Hi guys, thanks for the reply!

afishdude, I don't think it is an albino elegans as it has pigmentation and black eyes.

Buddyboy67, you meant it was a Sterbai? It does not look like one though... probably it's a cousin of Elegans, lol./

The specimen wth the C. sterbai is a Corydoras sp CW008 "Gold line elegans".

Ian

C. sp. CW008
corydoras_sp_cf_elegans_species_large.jpg

Picture courtesy Ian Fuller & Corydorasworld.com

Thanks a lot for your reply Ian, my fish looks just like the one in the picture except for lighter colouring. Yours looks great! :flowers:

Most reactions

Back