What Is The Weirdest Food You Have Ever Tasted?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Oldish thread but still

I've tried Moose steak that was very nice better than beef :good:

Also a beef biltong fan :nod:

Bae :good:

I haven't eaten anything too weird...

I actually like haggis. But maybe it's because I've used to eat things with similar taste, such as liver casserole (I have some in my fridge at the moment), blood sausages and such.

It's common for a finn to eat reindeer, but may be weird for some. Reindeer is really good! I've also eaten brown bear, and I have some moose meat (my hubby's friend hunted it down by himself) in our freezer atm, too. I've also cooked and ate a duck hunted by him.

Mämmi. Traditional finnish easter pudding made of rye. Hate it though. I don't like the taste even with sugar or cream.

I once ate swordfish in a restaurant. Calamari isn't weird either.

Hmmh. Oh well. :D

Liver casserole, reindeer, haggis, bear, swordfish, that's pretty much it. No insects or anything like that. :p

To be fair I think Bear kind of wins it!!

Mine would probably be (from what I could understand at the time) Ducks Blood Jelly...

Cow testicles.... I had been told they were meatballs haha didn't learn the truth until later

@MissMarie: :crazy: HHhhhaaaaaaahhhhh....?! I've had a boar's. :drool:

Hmmm.. had LOTS. I do believe hearing that Thai people eat the most weirdest food.
-Beetles
-Chicken Feet (Not THAT weird)
-huge crickets
-Spiders(SOME species, not all! xD)
-Have you guys ever eaten raw meat before?!?! :D fresh raw meat, not spoiled.
- Lizards...
-OH! I forgot this one food. Not sure how to explain it to the point we're you'll understand what I'm talking about though. When a new born, 2 day old, calf is born, some people carve off it's hooves (SOFT hooves). It's not it's actual hooves that it needs, it's like soft bone, only needs it in it's mother "pouch". Ok.... pretty sure no one can understand what I'm saying, but you get the idea, it's some crazy food. :good:
-Grasshoppers' abdomen (only big grasshoppers)
-Frogs' legs/frogs
-Ant larvae

Uhhhhh.... that's all I can think of at the moment. They're many many more, but I just can't think of it.
Sounds delicious, right?! :fun:

TeeHee :D I eat American food now, no worries. ;)

Anyone here tried dog :p?

Only thing ive tried is little octopussi's like baby's they were really salty and vinegary
I have. And it was absolutely disgusting, only other weird things are alligator, which was very nice and dried squid which was rank.

Ugh. Just thought of somthing I saw in Asia, but didn't try. It was I believe duck eggs, with partially formed ducks inside and just before they hatch they cook them and sell them on a stick.

[Ugh. Just thought of somthing I saw in Asia, but didn't try. It was I believe duck eggs, with partially formed ducks inside and just before they hatch they cook them and sell them on a stick.
[/quote]

Those are delicious!!! Why didn't you try it? My mouth is watering right now. :drool:

How could you eat frogs!? How could you eat this!?

a003ac79.jpg

Well, not THOSE frogs, silly! I meant like.... frogs that you find... out in the field.. *That are safe to eat*.

Heheheeeee. Some people say it's weird and digusting, other's say it's real food. :D

But at least I'm a human. :lol:

Mangrove worms from palawan island.. the part where they're really long is the freakiest.

I've also tried roasted pupa/chrysalis in korea (eww)

and scorpion/tarantula on skewers when i visited myanmar (tasteless @__@)

I've had a lot of the foods listed here including just about everything from whale blubber to durian fruit, caribou eye soup, countless bugs, pig uterus, bull testicles (actually not bad), but I'd say the worst was, hands down, boiled silkworm pupae. Horrid stuff!

There are a few things that absolutely refuse to try like balut (18-21 day old hard boiled duck fetuses) and stink heads (fish heads naturally fermented in the sand at the beach). I've had both offered to me and I just couldn't do it. Too gnarly for me.

Bear, dove, snails, raw steak, alligator, eel, maple seed pods, pine needles...

Would eat all again, minus snails if theyre raw. Cooked heck yes.

Pine needles do best as a tea.

Maple seed pods are best fresh fat and green raw. Bit like green beans with a lighter grassy taste

Bear, dove, snails, raw steak, alligator, eel, maple seed pods, pine needles...

Would eat all again, minus snails if theyre raw. Cooked heck yes.

Pine needles do best as a tea.

Maple seed pods are best fresh fat and green raw. Bit like green beans with a lighter grassy taste
Raw steak? Nasty lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back