What Is The Strangest Animal You Have Ever Kept?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

attibones

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
The weirdest one I've ever had was a baby bat my friend and I found in the backyard. It's nest had been destroyed, so we took him in. We named him Dragon. He was so small, and he lived hanging onto our fingers. Absolutely precious. We only had for a few weeks before we found a vet who could keep him and provide him with more batty nutrition and care.

Do my kids count?

I raised a pair of morning doves. They still live in the back yard and come to the kitchen window for food every morning. They're pudgy little buggers and the only birds in the neighborhood who aren't afraid of my cat. 

I kept a skunk kit for a weekend. It wasn't very old and it's glands hadn't developed yet so it didn't stink at the time. (They only stink when they want to for the most part, unless they spray into the wind ;) lol) My cat took it in and mothered it as if it were her kitten and it was quite adorable.

And my BNP, everyone who see's him agrees he is the most ugly fish I own. I think he has character :p 

Short Tailed Opossums :)
Gambian Pouched Rats
Mouselike Hamsters
Zebra Mice
African Pygmy Doormice
Glis Glis (but shhhh!! lol)
Harvest Mice
A smooth newt called Isaac Newt-on.

ho hum... sure there were others you might call odd... plenty of reptiles lol

Lol. My house is filled with various insects, fish, cats, dogs and rats. That's why my mother doesn't come round often. Lol :)

If the cockroaches are too gross for you perhaps I can gain favor by saying I have 2 poodles. That's actually true. Black and a white one.

^^ Best way to rid yourself of family ever!! Mine was dead rats! Parents came over to check I was 'still alive' (seeing as they had kicked me out <.<) and my mum went to check the fridge freezer to check I was eating ok and opened the top freezer drawer and it was **full** of dead rats, mice and chicks LOL.

She hadn't noticed the 20 odd vivariums with blankets draped over them to hide the contents
wink.png
haha

The one and only time they visited!

Ha ha love it MBOU, it's like they say 'you can have whatever you want when you're living under your own roof' then you still get scorned!
I've rehabilitated a common buzzard and re released - that was pretty cool!

2 Chinese Water Dragons 1 Cornsnake 2 Red eared Sliders a poodle and a pitbull and a Pacman frog and 2 Green anoles and 1 Bahman anole does that count :)

I'm not so sure the pit bull and poodle are too strange, though. Haha. At least, my pits are a very common thing in my family. We've all got some.

ive rescued wildlife from the cats, voles, shrews, field mice, slow worms ect, but have kept degu and  chipmonks before, now i just have chinchillas and tortoises, which i supose arnt everyday pets

True :) just didn't want to leave them out my poor babies lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back