What is the PERFECT clown loach companion?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
What is the PERFECT clown loach companion(s) to be with them? Other than themselves? I heard that Tinfoil Barbs are nice to be with them but I am not sure. Any good reccommendations? Because I will be purchasing that fish today sometime.

I have Clown Loaches with a Red Tailed Shark among other things. They love to play with Sharky and also they chase the tiger barbs around. If you look at my signature you can see what I have with them.
Deb

Tinfoil barbs are a very nice fish, however they are also a schooling fish that grow far to large for the average aquarist. They can easily grow to a foot or more. I'd consider that very carefully before buying them.

I agree with Debo. I have 4 Clown Loaches and a RTBS. The shark thinks it's a Clown Loach and hardly ever can be seen without at least one of them at it's side.

See my signature to see what else I have with them in my 80g. :)

Losi, you should watch your fishes. If you find cory who has lost he's eye then you know who did it - clown loach. 3 different botias are quite wicked fishes, macracanthus, striata and lohachata. I wouldn't put macracanthus and speacially striata with cories. B. lohachata is more peaceful than others...

I have seen writings that cories has lost their eyes when they are kept with clown loaches. Some hobbiest told that clown loach has plunged into shoal of cories and after that hobbiest found one cory without eye.

German "fish-guru", G. Ott, has warned about this. He even advice to keep loaches, especially B. striata, in sort tank.

mrV said:
Losi, you should watch your fishes. If you find cory who has lost he's eye then you know who did it - clown loach. 3 different botias are quite wicked fishes, macracanthus, striata and lohachata. I wouldn't put macracanthus and speacially striata with cories. B. lohachata is more peaceful than others...

I have seen writings that cories has lost their eyes when they are kept with clown loaches. Some hobbiest told that clown loach has plunged into shoal of cories and after that hobbiest found one cory without eye.

German "fish-guru", G. Ott, has warned about this. He even advice to keep loaches, especially B. striata, in sort tank.
I have got 3 clown loaches in a community tank along with 5 corys and various other bottom dwelers (see signature) and they are all fine. My peppered corys are tiny - 1 1/2 cm at most - and my clown are medium.

I have had them all for about 18 months now and none of them are missing any body parts.
Thanks for the advice and I will keep an eye on it but I think they will be fine, did the information specify whether it is the spine on the Clown loaches that causes the injuries??

Surely Clown loaches would be a threat to any fish they were kept with according to the information or do they only pick on Cories???? :blink:

I don't need any more info on this post so I need no more replies - Thank you for those who helped. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back