What is the meanest fish you've owned?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cometcattle

Go Hawks!
Reaction score
I've never really kept aggresive fish, so I'd say a paradise fish or a male cherry barb (his name was Louis Cypher). :devil:

i had a rainbow shark and a bgkf that ate all my neons and guppys :eek:

My Red Devil for sure. He was so fiesty I couldnt keep anything with him but a big armour plated pl*co. If I stuck my finger in the tank he would come and nibble on it. It was so cute. :devil:

We had two armoured catfish (don't know technical name) that were about 4 inches long each and used to stalk around the tank looking mean. They would try to bite my husband and sometimes draw blood whenever he was cleaning the tank! Sadly they died a week or so ago in our ammonia tank crisis - that's how we knew it was really bad as they had lived for many many years and were certainly double hard b*stards!!!

The meanest fish i kept were my Tilapia buttikofferii's, they were nasty with a capital N. The meanest i have now is my jardini arowana, infact it is probably meaner than the butti's but just hasnt done the same ammount of damage to another fish, yet. Another mean fish i had was a black shark, the bigger nastier cousin of the redtail black sharks, it kept itself to itself most of the time but god help anyfish that swam in front of its cave! My leporanis are quite mean too, theyre only juvies but have already killed two FW baracuda's and a pike cichlid and shredded the fins of a small shovelnose catfish though they seemed to have calmed down now.

My meanest fish were my African electric blues and yellows. They shredded my cories fins down to nothing.

My black tetras come in a close second. They used to terrorize and bully my silver dollars and almost killed a betta.

for me it was the Zebra danios.

check out what they did to my betta one night:

BEFORE
stevethebetta2.jpg

AFTER
poorsteve.jpg

never getting danios again...

(for the record, my Betta is healing very very well with Melafix :))

My Chinese algae eater, boy talk about i wish to eat you all... he chases nearly every fish of mine, execpt the neons, but now he is in a different tank, and now my meanest fish is becoming my red tail black shark, WHAT BAD LUCK i have :(

ladykiller the male swordtail.

he didn't bother any other species, but he sent three swordtail females to their graves from stress. plus he wouln't leave a new male juvenile alone for a good 24 hours.

Basically the same as my Chinese Algae eater then, because if i didnt put him in his own tank on his own, i wouldnt have no fish left today

:(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back