What is the best Bucephalandra species overall?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
On George Farmers newest vid he showcases a 125 gallon with just a great looking growth of Buce. One in particular stood out and George miss I.D. the plant as B.albida and there is no B. albida..just Crypt. albida.
I also asked Bentley about it and he thinks Red Mini and Brown Browny are two of the best.
Anybody here have a good story on the best flowering Buce? Best dark leafed and flowering Buce- the best combination of them all I think. Hardiest Buce..you cant kill it is also a important trait to say the least.

Zero answers!?...Somebody must be growing one and calls it a favorite.
George Farmer no longer answers his youtube channel watchers questions. I asked and it just died on the vine-lol.

I have 3 buces but I just bought the ones I liked best from the selection on offer - I buy from a very limited number of sellers who guarantee the plants are shrimp safe.
I have maia, crisped leaves and catherine.

I've had maia the longest and that has had tiny white flowers several times. Crisped leaves and catherine are recent additions and have not flowered yet.

Ok,that sounds good. Not many articles on the net..I think none-lol,that have that "This is the best Buce around" message. It's just how to grow this one..or a mention of it in a show tank. Like that.
Thanks,I can now look into those.
My Anubias is blooming..but their blooms have little color being mostly greenish. Hence Buce would be more standout.

Looking back through my notes, the fist buce was 'maia' bought 4 April 2016. I now have three shoots of this one, and it has flowered several times. It's just a tiny white flower that lasts a day or two. But I can't remember how long It had been in my tank before flowering

I bought 'crisped leaves' on 23 Feb 2019 and 'catherine' just a month ago. Catherine is too new to have flowered; I don't remember seeing a flower of crisped leaves yet.

I've had several species of anubias over the years, but am down to just a couple now. Several of them have flowered but white transluscent flowers rather than green.

Maia sounds good,and its for sale on the net...!

Anubias coffeefolia blooms do not have much color..but,they do bloom underwater around now, as days get shorter.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back