what is most points an highest reaction score?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
Under the Members heading is a pile of stuff, some of which is easy to understand and some I have no idea about. It has the following titles.
Overview
Most Messages
Highest Reaction score
Most Points
Todays Birthdays
Staff Members.

Now most of these are self explanatory but what the hell is Highest Reaction Score and Most Points about?

----------------

The link above has some info and more links. Under "Fish Species Index", it has "User submitted tropical fish and saltwater fish index."

That should really read freshwater fish instead of tropical fish because the listings under that have tropical and cold water fishes.

----------------
Last gripe for tonight. It's still too white and is hard to read. Where I type this stuff in is light grey and fine but the rest of the forum is just white and painful to read. Put some light blue or pale green or something other than white on the forum.

It's still too white and is hard to read. Where I type this stuff in is light grey and fine but the rest of the forum is just white and painful to read.

Interesting.
The box where I am currently typing is the same colour as the background of your post above; and the same colour as the background of the boxes in the side column (on the right). On my laptop screen, the only white is the bits between the various posts and side column boxes.

In July 2018 and April 2019 I had cataract surgery (one eye each time), and I had to turn the brightness of my screen down for a few weeks after each op till I got used to being able to see properly after years of cataracts. I also had to use the night light settings on my laptop during the day, which took the blueness away leaving the screen with a yellow tinge. Does your device have a night light setting?

Highest reactions is who has the most/best rating. (Like, love, haha, wow, sad, and mad). Currently, @Byron has the best reaction. And you have the 5th best, which isn’t bad. By points to you mean trophy points?

It has Most Points 113. What's that for?

no idea about night light setting

Colin, what type of device do you use? Phone, tablet, laptop etc? If it's a laptop, what operating system? I can help with night light setting with Windows 10.

Trophy points are awarded for reaching certain milestones. This explains the milestones https://www.fishforums.net/help/trophies/

In a thread, hover over your avatar and you'll get a box; at the bottom it will give the number of messages (ie posts) the reaction score (the number of likes or agrees etc you've received) and the number of points. Click on the number under points and it tells you how you got to your score.

Colin, what type of device do you use? Phone, tablet, laptop etc? If it's a laptop, what operating system? I can help with night light setting with Windows 10.

Trophy points are awarded for reaching certain milestones. This explains the milestones https://www.fishforums.net/help/trophies/

In a thread, hover over your avatar and you'll get a box; at the bottom it will give the number of messages (ie posts) the reaction score (the number of likes or agrees etc you've received) and the number of points. Click on the number under points and it tells you how you got to your score.
Also when did i get this FISH Fanatic thing under my name?

There are different things under our user names. Which one it is depends on how many posts we've made. But I've never been able to find out which words correspond to how many posts.

Click on your user name at the top right of the page, then choose 'account details'. If there is a box 'custom title' you can enter your choice of words and they will replace fish fanatic, or whatever. But years ago you had to have made a certain number of posts to be able to do this. It was 1500 for a while, but by the time I reached 1500 it had been changed to 2000. I have no idea if there is a minimum number now, or what it is.

I haven’t been able to figure it out, somehow @Donya was able to change her “second name” to “Crazy Crab Lady”. @dascrow , you are the tech guy around here, what do these names mean and can we change them?

(I am fairly certain that I got my “Fish Herder” name when I hit 1,500 messages)

It has Most Points 113. What's that for?

no idea about night light setting
I would suggest looking into the night light setting. Google on how to do it. It has to be something with your computer because no one else seems to be having issues any longer. As far as reaction scores, I was wondering too but it’s pretty self explanatory. @PheonixKingZ explained it correctly. Points are your trophy points just like before. No big deal.

Last edited:
I've sent you a personal message. Look for the envelope symbol at the top right.

I don’t think he responds to PM’s. I’ve tried several times. :dunno:

pms haven't worked since deanasue sent me an aggressive abusive message last year and I was unable to reply to it.

Pm's work fine for everyone else and there is no way to stop them for just one person. Have you clicked on the envelope symbol next to your user name at the top right, then clicked on show all in the box?
If you can read my message, that's all you need to do, you don't need to reply to it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back