What invertebretes can go with each other?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mrcrabbs

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am into invertebretes and want to get some. I have a crab and bamboo shrimp. Can I get a frog for the tank, or will it be eaten? Also can two crabs go together? Or will they fight? What if one is a lot bigger then the other?

What type of crab? There are a lot of them out there. The two most common are Redclaw and Fiddlers so I assume one of them. I don't think crabs are solitary but I'm fairly certain they like to have their own hideouts.

Other inverts... hmm. Snails, other types of shrimp. I would suggest against any kind of craw/crayfish, lobster, prawn or similar looking animal as these tend to be more predatory than scavenger and might go after your other animals.

Dwarf Frogs ought to go okay in there as long as you give everyone their room and holes to hide in.

Red claw. Do fiddler crabs need air? And if they do not would a red claw and a fiddler go together? If I got a blue prawn could it go with what I have and a frog? Fish are in signature

Fiddlers need air, yes, and as far as I've seen Red Claws and Fiddlers go together fine. I wouldn't put a prawn in with anything it might be able to snag and kill, which includes the frog, the crab, the shrimp the Betta, and possibly the Angel.

They're just too aggressive and unpredictable. Some people say you can but it's only a matter of time before it gets brave and goes for a fish snack.

Depending on the species, anywhere from 3" to about a 14" though this size is extremely rare and I'm not sure those are even in the trade. Average size I think is somewhere around 5-6"

frogs and crabs are bad idea. and craw dads will eat frogs and crabs. i have a 10 gallon tank i keep four dwrf frogs in with a shrim and a sanil. then i have a twenty long that i keep two red claw crabs 1 shrimp and a snail in. i also have a 30 with just fish. theyre alot of tanks but if you want frogs crabs and fish i suggest you put them in there seperate tanks which and make them environment friendly to each speciaes in the tank. for example. my fish tank is planted with gravel and drift wood. my frog tan is planted with sand and drift wood and my crab tank is sand planted with driftwood and lava rock and is only half filled so the crabs have access to land which they like.

Most reactions

Back