What if anything can treat dropsy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
Hi,

So after the episode with all my bettas going to rot a while ago.

It looks like its Dropsy Turn.

It has taken out 2 Of my Female Bettas. And now it is Attacking My Red Dwarf Gourami. I have never seen another Like Him/Her. It is a very active fish and quite the character. Always feeling other fish with its feelers.

So is there anything specific I can use for The Whole Tank.

The Gourami is not going to make it, she has swelled alot since I Noticed it Last Night. And she is staying on the bottom of the Tomato Box she is Floating in.

Abdominal dropsy has no cure and infected fish should be euthenased immiediatly however some internal bacterial infections share some of the same symptoms as dropsy and if caught early can be treated. Try treating the tank with Interpet #9 anti internal bacteria medication but if the fish shows no sign of improvement by the time you add the second dose in 4 days then you should kill it.

She has been euthanised. I used a Screwdriver thru the head.

The dwarf gouramis on sale now are well known for being vulnerable to and carrying bacterial infections which can infect and wipe out all the fish in your tank, this is due to constant inbreeding and lack of new genes being added to the pool from wild caught fish and the often terrible conditons they are kept in before making their way to the shops from the far east. My advise to anyone who is thinking of buying these fish is DONT, they are time bombs of illness waiting to happen.

I am never gonna get any more.

When I was At Pets at Home A few Weeks ago. I was chatting with the store manager and they sent back a whole shipment of gouramis and goldfish, as they had Cotton Wool and other Nasties.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back