What I Got So Far

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Question for you all. I'm having issue with brown algae on plants (not on the glass, which I find odd), and I was thinking about adding some amano's to help with this. I assume being shrimp, they won't add much bio-load? My main concern is if my fish will eat them. List as follows...

Diamond Tetras
Black Phantom Tetras
Bolivian Ram
BN Pleco
Pictus Cat (the one I'm concerned about)

What do you think? Would it work or should I just stick to gently rubbing my plants at WC?

No, I SAID MY PLANTS!

Edit to tag @Slaphppy7 for shrimp knowledge*

Last edited:
This light is driving me nuts. I've been adjusting and adjusting. I don't have any algae on the tank, but it is covering my plants. The cabomba is orange and the top half of the val. contortionist is brown. Tank is 4 months old now and this is the worst the brown algae has ever been. Dragon stone has it pretty bad too.

Came back from vacation to the nana blooming. Guess I should leave more often.
20210913_130805.jpg

That's an anubias, I recognise the flower. Anubias plants shouldn't be planted in the substrate. They have a rhizome, the thick stem like thing that the leaves grow out of, and this rots when buried. It's usually grown attached to decor, but it can be grown with the rhizome on top of the substrate and the roots buried but in this case care needs to be taken that the rhizome doesn't get accidentally buried.

That's an anubias, I recognise the flower. Anubias plants shouldn't be planted in the substrate. They have a rhizome, the thick stem like thing that the leaves grow out of, and this rots when buried. It's usually grown attached to decor, but it can be grown with the rhizome on top of the substrate and the roots buried but in this case care needs to be taken that the rhizome doesn't get accidentally buried.
Yes, anubias nana. It's been planted in the substrate for almost 5 months now and has tripled in size and is now even flowering. I think the issue folks have with buried rhizomes is more of a concern with soil or fine sand substrates. With the gravel and coarse sand, there seems to be sufficient water flow that it doesn't affect it. I know it's not the recommended application, but it seems to be working. I'll keep an eye on it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back