What i difference between giant betta and normal betta apart from their size?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Are those betta splendens or any other subspecies?
Is there any difference between normal bettas and giant bettas as per behavioral and other aspects?

There are fish called giant Bettas, which are a different species to Betta splendens and they have a different temperament to B. splendens.

Now supplies sell XL, or jumbo or giant Bettas, and these are usually B. splendens that are bigger and older than the normal fish seen in shops. You do not want to buy these big old fish because they are nearing the end of their life.

If your local pet shop had "Giant Bettas", ask them what species they are or take pictures of them and post here.

There are fish called giant Bettas, which are a different species to Betta splendens and they have a different temperament to B. splendens.

Now supplies sell XL, or jumbo or giant Bettas, and these are usually B. splendens that are bigger and older than the normal fish seen in shops. You do not want to buy these big old fish because they are nearing the end of their life.

If your local pet shop had "Giant Bettas", ask them what species they are or take pictures of them and post here.
Is there all fin types available in giant bettas as in splendens?

There used to be the normal long fin types for the giant B. splendens and they have probably increased the number of fin types over the last few years. However, I haven't seen any for the last few years because I haven't been to a pet shop during the last few years.

There used to be the normal long fin types for the giant B. splendens and they have probably increased the number of fin types over the last few years. However, I haven't seen any for the last few years because I haven't been to a pet shop during the last few years.
Its bit a personal question but how old are you colin?
You have lot of information about fishes :D
Are giants aggressive like splendens?

If the giant Bettas are things like Betta pugnax and other big species (not B. splendens), then they are quite peaceful and many can be kept in groups/ colonies.

Betta splendens (Siamese fighting fish) is the most aggressive of all Betta species. Most other Betta species are nowhere near as aggressive towards their own kind.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back