What have been your dreams about fish keeping?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Oh and a fireplace on the other side of the room so you can come inside from whatever amazing outdoor adventure you were just on, set the fire, pour a beer, and enjoy the rest of your life :D
That’s an entirely separate dream... but yes a fire place and beer are involved... probably a maple live edge mantel... natural stone etc... but that’s the carpenter in me talking.

I'm not qualified to suggest what does or doesn't live in a rig like that, Nate. However, I can say that I've only heard of one filtration system like this. It's running the big tank in Okinawa, the only sight I'd chance jumping on a plane to see in person.

Speaking of dreams and large tanks.... I have an 18' above ground pool with a sand filter you simply backflush to clean... on a smaller scale, why not a sand filter for an aquarium (backflush to clean!)....
And an automatic water change or flow through system!
Now we're talking!!

A Japanese inspired garden with a huge lake filled with gorgeous Koi and a bridge to a seating area in the middle where no-one can find me.... ah bliss.

Tank wise, a room (library) with one wall replaced with a tank so I can sit and read and dream.

Neither of these are dreams as in sleeping dreams... more like daydreams.

Ooooh.... a family room / media room, where one wall has a huge built in aquarium...but behind that is a well designed fishroom with climate control, auto water change system .....
Okay, back to reality!

I don't dream about fish very often; however, my main hobby is actually amphibians and reptiles. I dream about them nearly every night, and have since I was a toddler.
I'd love to have frogs there's something them.

My literal dreams about fish tend to be so surreal I don't know how to put them into words...I often dream more in terms of emotions and events than in images.

Daydreams, however, are more concrete. Three at the moment, the first two of which I'm actively pursuing, and a third I'm still researching and kicking around ideas.
1. A long, narrow, Sumatran rice paddy biotope, either in a 12 gallon long or a home-built tank. Rice plants, crypts, emergent arrow root, mosses; microrasboras, Betta imbellis, MTS, and either shadow catfish or kuhli loaches. Will probably order glass and get building next week.

2. @Naterjm You'll like these...A 29 gallon palludarium biotope of a Wyoming foothills spring creek. A little waterfall/mini riparian zone above with lots of native mosses, along with a lot of rockwork with desert plants, inhabited by a couple sagebrush lizards and/or boreal chorus frogs. Waterfall flows into a 10ish gallon pool with native water plants, plains killifish, a couple stonerollers and maybe a crawdad to keep the bottom clean, and lots of native inverts.

3. My 150g rainbow tank at the dentist office is heading into year four, and it's about time for a rebuild. The office manager and I are kicking around the idea of a native tank, centered around a few yellowstone cut-throat trout, schools of native minnows (sand shiners, red shiners, and longnose dace all rate highly), mountain suckers, and a couple crawdads. Tons of rockwork and current, of course, a chiller to keep it nice and cold (trout do not do well at room temp), the whole thing gigantically over-filtered. And some sort of system to facilitate massive, frequent water changes.

I've had a dream that my tank exploded and water and fish were all over the floor. Also had a dream that i shrunk myself and went swimming in the tank with my fish ahaha. Must have been smoking some good stuff that night ?‍♂️

My literal dreams about fish tend to be so surreal I don't know how to put them into words...I often dream more in terms of emotions and events than in images.

Daydreams, however, are more concrete. Three at the moment, the first two of which I'm actively pursuing, and a third I'm still researching and kicking around ideas.
1. A long, narrow, Sumatran rice paddy biotope, either in a 12 gallon long or a home-built tank. Rice plants, crypts, emergent arrow root, mosses; microrasboras, Betta imbellis, MTS, and either shadow catfish or kuhli loaches. Will probably order glass and get building next week.

2. @Naterjm You'll like these...A 29 gallon palludarium biotope of a Wyoming foothills spring creek. A little waterfall/mini riparian zone above with lots of native mosses, along with a lot of rockwork with desert plants, inhabited by a couple sagebrush lizards and/or boreal chorus frogs. Waterfall flows into a 10ish gallon pool with native water plants, plains killifish, a couple stonerollers and maybe a crawdad to keep the bottom clean, and lots of native inverts.

3. My 150g rainbow tank at the dentist office is heading into year four, and it's about time for a rebuild. The office manager and I are kicking around the idea of a native tank, centered around a few yellowstone cut-throat trout, schools of native minnows (sand shiners, red shiners, and longnose dace all rate highly), mountain suckers, and a couple crawdads. Tons of rockwork and current, of course, a chiller to keep it nice and cold (trout do not do well at room temp), the whole thing gigantically over-filtered. And some sort of system to facilitate massive, frequent water changes.
Wow man, you’ve got your work cut out for you!

but they sound amazing, good luck and keep us updated!

Wow man, you’ve got your work cut out for you!

but they sound amazing, good luck and keep us updated!
Yeah, delusions of grandeur and all that. What are the laws on keeping wild fish in Canada? Down here you have to apply for a stocking permit for game fish, and get them from an approved hatchery. Nongame fish are legal to catch and keep with a minnow trapping permit.

Yeah, delusions of grandeur and all that. What are the laws on keeping wild fish in Canada? Down here you have to apply for a stocking permit for game fish, and get them from an approved hatchery. Nongame fish are legal to catch and keep with a minnow trapping permit.
Our laws are strict about salmon, so I better check on the octopus front! ?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back