What have been your dreams about fish keeping?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Another thread. Oh well. Anyways,my dreams about fishkeeping that recur over the decades? 1. I find huge beautiful red and blue Koi...in local drainage ditches-lol. I have no net or buckets..but I can reach down and grab any fish..frustrating! 2. I one day,see my fish flying in the air in my backyard,and the thought comes to me,Why didn't I ever notice that fish can float in air too?.lol..Like it was so obvious.
So tell your literal or maybe more of a daydream about fish in aquariums..ponds too.?

Aquarium dreams? Just one.

A tank large enough, and kitted well enough to nurture an adult black pacu in. I know it'll never happen. Our slab can't support 16,000 pounds.

I am currently obsessed with building my own tank. And I would love to build a 2nd acrylic tank. And have a betta fish.

The only dream I have about fish keeping is about fish infected with diseases!

As a teenager I used to dream that my tank sprung a leak. I would be collecting fish off the floor trying to save them without any equipment.
I don't have the dream now, maybe my subconscience knows I am more competent! ;)

My dream would be to have a really large tank in the living room....like 240g or even larger! Years ago in a Barnes 'n Noble book store outside the National Aquarium in Baltimore, up on the 2nd floor there was a huge planted tank (500 gallons or more). It had a couple of hundred Neon Tetras....it was awesome!

I used to get one about being able to walk on a beach..and then just walk into the waves and underwater..turns out,we can too breath underwater as easy as on land. It's just that we never knew it-see? lol. Kind of like my fish floating all over my fish room.
Dreams like these are why I don't run for office...

My fish tank dreams are much more mundane. Usually something like sitting in a room watching a fish tank. Like a 3 second dream between other dreams haha

This is a big one.

northern Ontario biotope, multi-tiered wrapping around several walls. Several thousands of gallons all with natural plants and rock formations found in the lake the fish were caught from.

built into a cottage that is on the exact lake, and setup a water filtration system that continuously feeds lake water into the tank and pump excess water back into the lake.

have a group of breeding bluegills, A whole bunch of minnows, a few bass, large and small mouth, a pike or two and lots of yellow perch. No walleyes or Muskie.
Establish a colony of crayfish and other lake critters, just to see if I can watch the lake life cycle happen.

thousands and thousands of gallons.

and have the entire thing trimmed out in cedar so that it looks like a giant glass box coated in timber framed cedar cottage.

fish get to big? Put them back into the lake, need to stock up? Catch some more small fish...

let’s hope that lotto ticket pans out. I should have enough money to build it and buy off the local authorities as I’m 100% sure everything above is illegal here...

Oh and a fireplace on the other side of the room so you can come inside from whatever amazing outdoor adventure you were just on, set the fire, pour a beer, and enjoy the rest of your life :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back