What Has To Go? And What Can Stay ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

chophousemusic

Reaction score
ok plan A didnt work...now to plan B....want to turn my 75 gal into african cichlid tank (which i shulda done from day one) my tank is very mixed so wondering what needs to go...which i believe is almost my whole tank....and what can stay?

the stock list as of now...

1x salvini cichilid 3-4in
2x Kribensis Cichlids 2-in
2x Silver Dollar 4in
1x Pink Peacock Cichlid 3in
1x Jewel Cichlid 2in
1x Tiger Barb 2in
1x Common Pleco
1x King Tiger Pleco
1x Bala Shark 5-6in

I was thinking to try n keep the salvini, kribs, peacock, and jewel n maybe the plecos (at least the tiger) and add a few africans. I know the jewel n salvini are central am. but my friend has succesfully kept a jewel with africans ...just not sure ab the salvini...?? ??

Actually Jewels are African Cichlids, as is the Peacock,

Personally I'd say once the Salvini matures you'll have a lot of issues, once these mature they become seriously aggressive and apart from the jewel, nothing in your existing setup could stand against them.

I do think it would be possible to keep the jewel, peacock, kribs, and plecs with a few of the more peaceful mbuna species like labidochromis caeruleus or simply add a few more different peacock species

I attempted a Convict,3 x Clown Loaches,Brstlenose and Kribensis in my Mbuna tank and have been tempted to keep a Jewel...

2 x Clown Loaches and the Kribensis were killed inside a week...the rest seem fine so far.

I do think you can mix them with Caeruleus,Hongi's and Permutts with no probs....just get rid of the Salvini.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back