What happened to my loach overnight???

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

bunniidavis

Reaction score
My weather loach was fine yesterday. Healthy, active, and colorful. I came home and found him pale white, and wrinkly like he's gonna shed his entire skin. He is also lethargic. What is this??? I've read so many forums and haven't found anything like it. Attached are some before & after pictures.
Please Help.

Attachments

• 20191020_170448.jpg
    20191020_170448.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 346
  • 20200109_211148.jpg
    20200109_211148.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 372
  • 20200109_211139.jpg
    20200109_211139.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 342
My weather loach was fine yesterday. Healthy, active, and colorful. I came home and found him pale white, and wrinkly like he's gonna shed his entire skin. He is also lethargic. What is this??? I've read so many forums and haven't found anything like it. Attached are some before & after pictures.
Please Help.
Could you give more information about your tank?

Hard too see from the pic but that looks like an excess of mucous (slime coat), which means something in the water is irritating him. Do a 75% water change using dechlorinated water.

As Seangee said, excess mucous caused by something in the water.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a couple of weeks.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Wash filter media/ materials in a bucket of tank water and re-sue them.

Make sure there are no chemcials or fumes getting into the tank, and your hands a re free of soaps, perfumes, oils or anything else that could poison the fish.

Make sure the fish buckets, hoses and nets are clean and free of chemicals.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back