What glue for aquascaping?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

myrxn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone so I've got some rocks, spider wood and I'm going to get some freshwater plants and I wanna know what gel glue I should use? I know some people use the super gorilla gel but that goes white in water and I don't like that I want it to just stay invisible so does anyone know what's the best glue for sticking plants to rocks and wood as I don't really want to use fishing wire? thx guys

I use gorilla gel glue. I know itā€™s unsightly, but itā€™s the best for what is available to me here.

cory from aquarium co-op has short
Video on YouTube where he glues up anubias and Java fern. I know he uses a different brand of gel glue, but I canā€™t remember what the brand is.

you will need to decide between what works and what is available. I know gorilla gel turns white and I try to keep that in mind so that the glue isnā€™t seen based on how im placing rocks and driftwood with plants attached.

Hope this helps.

I know hot glue is used in fake decorations. Does it work for live plants? Anyway, Iā€™m a big hot glue fan, I think I have a problem with hot glue, I use it for every craft! ?

I know hot glue is used in fake decorations. Does it work for live plants? Anyway, Iā€™m a big hot glue fan, I think I have a problem with hot glue, I use it for every craft! ?
All my reading has lead me to using the super gel glue.

I know nothing of using hot glue for inside tank purposes. I do use it quite often in my wood working though, definitely handy in many applications

silicon works, its basically slow dry hot glue that is gelatinous. choose the aquarium safe versions, it is the stuff holding your tank together

GE silicone 1 is aquarium safe but takes over 24 ours to harden. Superglue works for attaching plants to driftwood and you dont need much. Let it dry for 15 minutes before putting it back in the tank.

I would only ever use a bit of nylon fishing line and tie the plants to the wood or what ever. I would never use glue on plants.

GE silicone 1 is aquarium safe but takes over 24 ours to harden. Superglue works for attaching plants to driftwood and you dont need much. Let it dry for 15 minutes before putting it back in the tank.
what superglue would you say?

silicon works, its basically slow dry hot glue that is gelatinous. choose the aquarium safe versions, it is the stuff holding your tank together
can you use that with live plants though as don't they need to be in water? and how long does the silicon take to dry?

can you use that with live plants though as don't they need to be in water? and how long does the silicon take to dry?
The problem might come when you need the silicone to cure, could be anywhere from 24 hours to 7 days, thatā€™s a long time for aquatic plants to be out of water. They may dry out before the silicone is cured enough to put back in water.

any silicone that cures fast enough would not be aquarium safe.

you could tie the plants on, or a gel type super glue. I use gorilla brand. Cory from aquarium co-op uses the original super glue. Just has to be the gel type.

I would avoid silicone though

The problem might come when you need the silicone to cure, could be anywhere from 24 hours to 7 days, thatā€™s a long time for aquatic plants to be out of water. They may dry out before the silicone is cured enough to put back in water.

any silicone that cures fast enough would not be aquarium safe.

you could tie the plants on, or a gel type super glue. I use gorilla brand. Cory from aquarium co-op uses the original super glue. Just has to be the gel type.

I would avoid silicone though
can i have a link for the Cory from aquarium co-op uses the original super glue. Glue?

I havenā€™t mastered the whole add a link thing.

you could probably search ā€œthe original super glue gelā€ on the google thing

9DE75126-5988-4F4D-9324-DE7D752CB375.png

This stuff

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back