What food Variations should I feed my fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

gary1

Reaction score
I have 1 dwarf gourami and 8 pristella tetras.

I currently feed them flake food, but would like to add more variety to the diet, I would prefer to have flakes still be the average meal, like feed flakes 4 times a week and other food 3 times a week, is this enough variety or should I add more? Any amazon or other links to food would be great. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Why not, just try to raise some Mosquito Larvae. These guys would both appreciate a live feed occasionally

Why not, just try to raise some Mosquito Larvae. These guys would both appreciate a live feed occasionally
very ez
get some water with some aquatic plants put it outside for a while free food
but pls scoop them all out cos no one likes big mosquitoes.
I have 1 dwarf gourami, and 8 pristella tetras.

I currently feed them flake food, but would like to add more variety to the diet, I would prefer to have flakes still be the average meal, like feed flakes 4 times a week and other food 3 times a week, is this enough variety or should I add more? Any amazon or other links to food would be great. Thanks for any help.
i feed:
flakes, specialty guppy pellets, general small pellets, specialty cory wafers, general algae wafers, dried bug meal, bloodworms frozen.

basically just get some reputable food and fish will love variety

frozen brine shrimp fed one or two days a week...defrost in small container (like a prescription bottle..well cleaned) of tank water before feeding.

Unfamiliar with this breed, but my fish like Bug Bites & pellets. And flakes. & Bug Sticks for some larger fish.

I feed pellets, flake and tablets.

My vegetarians also get algae wafers and fresh veg, (usually courgette/zucchini).
My insect/carnivores also get frozen-dried food, frozen 'wet' foods, and live foods. Fluval Bug Bite flakes seems to be the best, as the insect-laden flakes travel throughout the water column better than pellets.

My shrimp (and other fish, the kuhli loach in particular), seem to enjoy the Dennerle Shrimp foods.

It is illegal to breed mosquitos in most countries because they spread diseases like malaria, ross river virus, etc. However, if you have a bucket outside under a tree and a few leaves drop into it, and the sprinkler or rain fills it up with water, then mosquitos will probably breed in it. If this happens, you should scoop the mozzie larvae out and feed them to your fish so they don't pupate and turn into adult mozzies that bite.

I take measures to prevent the little buggers from breeding in the pond outside. Hate them!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back