What Fishes You Would Never Have?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have to agree with you there, cichlids have never interested me very much because I like a variety.

Take it you've never seen a Tanganyican cichlid community tank? you couldn't have more different fish, in size, body shape, colour and behaviour, and they're all cichlids!

There are some fish pretty far down on my list, but I have to say it really depends on how many tanks one has, and their sizes. I now have a lone 55 gallon, and was really getting bored by the Jack Dempsey and Firemouth setup. I'll never again have them in the 55, which is becoming a community catfish/cory/discus tank.

But I could go for some cichlids again if the time was right and I had enough setups to devote a single large one to them.

Common pleco = ugh, never! Also never cared for golfish or koi of any type. Nor would I ever have piranas or their ilk. Oscars either.

Enough of the snakehead bashing :angry:
Snakeheads are some of the best fish going, trust me,,,if kept under correct conditions they are amazing, obviously dumping them in waterways is just idiotic,,,
They make the best parents ive ever seen, and look stunning if kept in correct condtions,,,I loooove snakeheads and large cichlids..much more personality,,,,rarrrrr...vented....
I dont hate any fish, wish i had huuuuuge tanks:: redtail catfish are stunning,but as they grow huge they should be banned for that alone

Only 1 real hate and thats Dyed fish :(

Can't say about bigger fish as I'm planning a big tank soon :lol:

LOVE
Bettas
Kuhlis
Plecos

Ughh...this thread makes it so hard to decide what fish to get for my 10gal! Once I get rid of my stupid betta i wanna populate my tank with some nice fish.

huh.gif
watch your tongue.
I know :( I love my betta! He's fun and exciting to watch! He's just too complicated to arrange some tank mates. Ideally I would like to add around a school of fish and maybe one other "display" fish...nothing too fancy. But I feel like I've read sooo much, I'm exhausted. I pick a fish and then I find negative info about it. :(

I know :( I love my betta! He's fun and exciting to watch! He's just too complicated to arrange some tank mates. Ideally I would like to add around a school of fish and maybe one other "display" fish...nothing too fancy. But I feel like I've read sooo much, I'm exhausted. I pick a fish and then I find negative info about it. :(

How about Cardinal Tetras, Corys, Honey Gouramis, Rummynosed Tetras? Just a few compatible, lovely looking fish :) (Not sure how big your tank is)

How about Cardinal Tetras, Corys, Honey Gouramis, Rummynosed Tetras? Just a few compatible, lovely looking fish :) (Not sure how big your tank is)

Cardinal tetras I do like!

Gouramis I've read that they are iffy :/

Corys need sand substrate.

gouramis are pretty risky to be fair...

Haha see what I mean!! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back