What fish would you like to eventually keep?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

VioletThePurple

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
These are mine.

• Angelfish. I like their body shape and the way it looks like they glide across the water.
  • Discus. I've heard that these fish are very smart, and they look like colorful pancakes from their flat bodies.
  • Pea pufferfish. It's cool that we can have freshwater small pufferfish as pets.
  • GloFish. I like their colors and I really like the bigger tetras, idk why.
  • Fancy goldfish. Not the super squished in ones but the other varieties. I feel like goldfish have a lot of personality.
What would you have in the future that you can't own right now? Edit: Please don't use only scientific names.

Last edited:
* comet goldfish
* ranchu goldfish
* common pleco
* (not a species of fish, but a super large colony of small tetras or rasboras)
* Goodieds

Since I'm mainly a killifish enthusiast, I would love to keep some of the Laimosemion and Anablepsoides species, mainly because they are rare in the hobby (never seen any of the species at my LFS or available at online retailers) and not a lot of people are keeping them. Would love to keep some of the Aphyosemion and Fundulopanchax species such as A. striatum, A. exigoideum, A. ottogartneri, Fp. spoorenbergi, Fp. walkeri, and Fp. puerzli, just to name a few. A non-killifish species that I would love to keep, but cannot at the moment due to the fact that I don't have a large aquarium for this species, would be Altum angelfish. A beautiful and large species of freshwater angelfish.

Whaf species would I want?
Hmmm...

Different bichirs
Discus
Fire ring danio
Electric blue acara
Pearl gourami
Ram cichlids
Rasbora espei
Oscar
Dwarf neon rainbow fish
Threadfin rainbowfish
Red dwarf neon rainbowfish
Boesemani rainbow fish
Jack Dempsey cichlid
Cherry barb
Odessa barb

And I'm sure there are others I can't think of at the moment lol

Procatopus and Platopocheilus, an uncommon group of Western African open water killies. I had some years ago and would love to get them again. They ship badly.

Nicaraguan Cichlid :) most people will know this haha.

Also into quite a few species of Rainbow Fish at the moment came across the beauty that is Melanotaenia sp. "Kali Tawa" which is definitely on my bucket list!

Wills

In an ideal world, I would absolutely LOVE to keep a few ropefish and/or bichirs. More realistically, I would also love to get black ghost knife fish, a dojo loach, and as common of a species as they are, I honestly would love to have a large school of mollies because I fell in love with their personalities.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back