What Fish is this

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Carl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Has Title Says had these fish few months but dunno what there are

This is best picture i could take tryin for an hour for her to come front had to take it from side in end

Picture1.jpg

Kinda looks like some baby severums I saw in a fish store once :dunno: But I'm no expert...

Can't really tell from the picture but it would be easier if you gave us a discription.

I don't know enough about cichlids yet to accurately ID it, but I agree with Dwarfs; it's definitely a cichlid that will probably have some size to it when fully grown.

How big is it now? It's an egglayer not a livebearer, so it's not pregnant, but it could be filled with eggs if it is large enough to breed. If it's only a couple of inches or so, I'd be worried that it might actually be constipated :/

Doesn't look familiar. Maybe it's yet another hybrid. Yippee.

I was actually thinking of it being some possible type of parrot (or jellybean, still not sure what the difference is :/ ) but then remembered the little sevs I saw.... I wish I could be more helpful :-(

It's a baby (a small and very well-fed baby) of one of the vieja species... possibly bifasciatum. Hybrid is a possibility, time will tell, but righ tnow it looks like vieja.

redgold said:
It's a baby (a small and very well-fed baby) of one of the vieja species... possibly bifasciatum. Hybrid is a possibility, time will tell, but righ tnow it looks like vieja.
:nod:

looks like synspilum to me though. :) that or a syns/bifasc cross which are unfortunately very common.

:)

Jason_S said:
redgold said:
:nod:

looks like synspilum to me though. :) that or a syns/bifasc cross which are unfortunately very common.

:)
good call, that's what I meant to say. I was thinking syn the whole time. Honest. :*) lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back