What fish is this? What to do?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Inverted tank

Reaction score
Hi guys I got a African chichlid tank of an old roommate and he had these two fish in their!! I went to the store got some nice flametale/dragon blood peacock's to go with them and fish store guy told me he was a hybrid of some sort and used as dither fish it's a shame cause he had 1 small fry survive too which I'm thinking is 3 generations hybrid! What is the mother? I don't want to kill them but don't want to keep them as dominant fish as other peacocks grow up! Also here is a picture of my seperate inverted fish tank I found on gumtree few years back! Does anyone have one like it?

Attachments

• IMG20210502133621.jpg
    IMG20210502133621.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG20210504201459.jpg
    IMG20210504201459.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 131
Maybe @Wills can help?

That tank in picture #2 is super cool! Did your friend make it?

No I found it on gumtree the guy that custom made it has passed away now apparently :( :( one of the best things I bought and got me into the hobby! Its hard to water change thou cant let it drop past a certain point or I have to suck the air out so I have to empty and fill up again 5x to get 50%

Last edited:
Looks possible a cobalt blue zebra mix to be African cichlids are a real hit and miss with identity with me , pretty sure it’s male as the egg spots on the anal fin

OB (orange blotch) zebra and a blue zebra cichlids.
The males have the yellow egg spots on the anal fin.

Both are agro fish. I would trade them in for something more peaceful (peacocks, electric yellows, etc).

OB (orange blotch) zebra and a blue zebra cichlids.
The males have the yellow egg spots on the anal fin.

Both are agro fish. I would trade them in for something more peaceful (peacocks, electric yellows, etc).
Is the male a hybrid fish? I traded them in but said blue one was worthless. Just keeping peacocks

Is the male a hybrid fish? I traded them in but said blue one was worthless. Just keeping peacocks

The blue one is a cobalt blue zebra. The other one like @Colin_T said is an orange blotch. The cobalt zebra is a mbuna fish. I have one of those in my all mbuna tank. He is the tank boss actually. Very aggressive. Like colin mentioned, might not be a good idea to keep them with peacocks. Dragon blood peacocks are very aggressive also.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back