Distichodus sexfasciatus
Potamotrygon orbignyi
Andinoacara coeruleopunctatus
Paretroplus menarambo
Paretroplus nourissati
Elassoma gilberti or e. okefenokee
Hypostomus panamensis
Eleotris picta
I just got a pair of elassoma gilberti last month. I added them to a 3.5 gallon heavily planted bowl and yesterday noticed a ton of fry. I didn’t expect that to happen so soon. They are undemanding (don’t even need a heater) and the males are so beautiful in their breeding colors.

I just got a pair of elassoma gilberti last month. I added them to a 3.5 gallon heavily planted bowl and yesterday noticed a ton of fry. I didn’t expect that to happen so soon. They are undemanding (don’t even need a heater) and the males are so beautiful in their breeding colors.
Beautiful fish, almost no maintenance, and easy to breed. Such a great nano fish!

Do you feed them live food or have you talked them into eating flakes ? I've been tempted to get a pair for my 5 gallon but not sure about the feeding part. Most places suggest grindal worm but....

Do you feed them live food or have you talked them into eating flakes ? I've been tempted to get a pair for my 5 gallon but not sure about the feeding part. Most places suggest grindal worm but....
I feed them live daphnia and black worms. They don’t touch prepared stuff. I’ll probably look into expanding that to grindal worms or vinegar eels as the fry are tiny, although I think that there are enough microfauna in the tank to support the fry for now.

Attachments

• 6965DC8C-41ED-47DA-9C42-13B11F5A79BC.jpeg
    6965DC8C-41ED-47DA-9C42-13B11F5A79BC.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 26

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back