🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Reaction score
what filter would be best eg the strongest

in a juwel rekord 70

so 70 litres

i could use the fluval 4+

or the standard juwel internal but instead of the original pump it would have the filter pump out of a rio 180

Dont get the fluval 4+

in the last 8 week i've had mine replaced 3 time as it's over heated!!!!!!
Not happy with them!!!!!

not had a problem with my fluval 4+ .. is very powerful in my 125 litre, have to have it turned right down or else plants and fish end up everywhere! Not sure how efficient it is when turned down though

already got both tho so i dunno what to use

I have a Fluval 4 in my 125 ltr also, had no probs, is very powerful!! got mine turned down too lol

what filter would be best eg the strongest

in a juwel rekord 70

so 70 litres

i could use the fluval 4+

or the standard juwel internal but instead of the original pump it would have the filter pump out of a rio 180

no point upping the pump on the juwel item. its already "overrunning" at 600lph. just junk it! almost any filter will do, even the fluval 4. though i would recommend something, more, reliable. look at the Eheim aqua ball 2210 or 2212. both well up to it, both give, may options for media too.

yeah its just ive got the fluval and tank has no pump but i have my old one off the rio 180

ok cheers every 1

I use fluval 4 as a second filter in my 500 litre tank. works very well.

a few months, is not really enough experience of a filter to say it "works well", never mind "very well". even more so, if the tank is none mature. i am not for one moment saying, your wrong, though others will :hyper: (fluval do have a rep). but they got it for a reason :good: .

Nothing wrong with my Juwel

The 4+ has always worked well for me (with the exception of it being really hard to open if sand gets stuck in the bottom), but whoever designed it seems to me to be a bit of a numpty. Mine is in a 15" high, 4ft tank and it's about as tall as the whole tank. Really it's only suited to an 18" high one.

had my 4+ for 2 years same one running - no probs apart from getting stuck when a bit of sand gets in the bottom
also running 1+ 2+ and 3+ never had any probs with any of them

The juwel worked well aswell though - i did replace some of the sponge with noodles though

Work's 7 year old Fluval 4+ has survived almost constant abuse. It's still got all original parts and works well to this day. IMO+IME Fluval's internals are as solid as tanks and take a similar amount of abuse... Shame they couldn't put the same level of thought, reliability and quality into their external ranges... As for known problems, they are only user related with the internals as far as works customer base go, every "failed" Fluval internal I've looked at has had it's owner "not realise" that it needed cleaning every now and then, and the fault involved a lack of flow. When you open up to investigate, a thoroughly plugged sponge is in there, and a quick swish in some tank water get the thing going good as new again...

EDIT to add. I've found Juwel units to be fairly reliable, and they cope with one heck of a lot of loading...

Most reactions

trending

Back