What else do you do?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Reaction score
Iā€™ve got a few hours left of watching my parameters and water after my tank swap.

Iā€™m sure this topic has been done before, but hell, letā€™s bring it up again.

you guys and gals obviously keep fish, thatā€™s why youā€™re here.

what else do you do?

personally, keeping fish is very small part of my life. Just because of my current timeline. Iā€™ve got 3 young boys to look after, I still working full time.

in a previous life I was a cook, Iā€™m certified as a red seal in that. I love cooking more now than I ever did as a job.

currently Iā€™m a carpenter, but I think I would more broadly call myself a handyman. I dabble in framing, trim, tile, plumbing, electrical, have and flooring.

not only does this take up much of my time at work, Iā€™m also prone to doing this sort of work at home in my off hours.

I like to take on wood working projects, landscaping and gardening (vegetable), at home and this keeps me quite busy.

on the slight off chance I get some time off, I enjoy some camping and fishing with the family. Iā€™ll sneak out for a round of golf every once in a while.

one day soon, Iā€™ll get my hunting licence and put some duck, deer and/or moose on my table for a good meal.

thatā€™s what gets my gears turning, so how about you guys? Outside of keeping fish alive in glass boxes, what do you like doing?

I'm a Bread Baker by trade spent 25 years Baking, My wife and I now run a Garden Maintenance Company trying to keep people in their homes as long as possible, so we work mainly with Super Annuitants and people with disabilities. We have a 10 acre block which keeps us busy and I am a mad keen golfer.

I rehabilitate feral cats, then adopt them out. I have adopted 1 cat out, kept 1, and just picked up a third from the dumpster bunch at work.

I spend a lot of time reading, and am thinking about writing a book myself.

My day job is working as shift lead at a truck stop, so I have gottennpretty good at telling off irate customers lately.

I rehabilitate feral cats, then adopt them out. I have adopted 1 cat out, kept 1, and just picked up a third from the dumpster bunch at work.

I spend a lot of time reading, and am thinking about writing a book myself.

My day job is working as shift lead at a truck stop, so I have gottennpretty good at telling off irate customers lately.
What do you like to read? And what would you like to write about?

What do you like to read? And what would you like to write about?
I like to read science fiction and fantasy, which fuel my need for escapism. A little romance and a lot of comedy. My favorite author is RJ Blain, who writes urban fantasy and comedy, an absolute blast to read. I recently started to read some litRPG, which is pretty fun.

As far as writing goes, I have some tentative poetry down, but really love fantasy. I would probably write some high fantasy, but urban fantasy might be fun too. My inner child absolutely demands some kind of magical horse. Sounds bad, I know, lol.

I do some dog training, I also have a dog, I also enjoy a getting out in to the country side (so the two sort of go hand in hand) I also like to cook which I am not the best at (yet).

ATB

I do some dog training, I also have a dog, I also enjoy a getting out in to the country side (so the two sort of go hand in hand) I also like to cook which I am not the best at (yet).

ATB
What sort of puppy dog do you have

Attachments

• 20140830_122943.jpg
    20140830_122943.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 34
Being medically retired (initially worked in construction doing towercrane placement, then European truck driving raw petfood products, then ran a coach touring firm that catered for disabled groups....with hobbies of competing in NHRA and dog rehab) I have alot of time on the hands. Unfortunately unable to leave home thesedays and having to surrender all of my licences (car, motorcycle, racing, HGV1 & PSV), I can't go motor racing or airshows any longer but am still actively following/studying aviation accident investigations (actually helped solve one extremely nasty accident (1992 EL AL/Amsterdam/Bijlmerramp) and witnessed another first hand (1989 BMA/Kegworth).

The BMA/Kegworth happened literally yards infront of me when driving the truck on the M1 northbound. Not the only close call in my driving career having been behind schedule for my usual ferry crossing from Zeebrugge, missed the boat and watched that same boat capsize in the outer harbour in 1987.

Aviation is my first love, always has been. Wanted to join the RAF as a flightline engineer, took (and passed) all the right subjects at school, passed the exams and medicals only for mother to refuse to sign the dotted line. "Playing with aeroplanes is NOT a job for young women"

Hence going into construction, racing in NHRA and getting involved with aviation in other ways instead.

One young son that is HIGH energy so that takes a good chunk of time. (Oh how I wish I had a quarter of that energy... or had him a decade earlier.)

Outside of the tank I spend a lot of time fishing, too much according to the wife. Different spots for different species. Another fish hobby that costs me a lot more $ than the tanks!

Also enjoy primitive camping, hiking, kayaking, and mountain biking. I dabble in quite a few other things too when something peaks my interest. A little woodworking. Never tried furniture, but have made a couple custom barn doors for oversized openings (one weighed 225lbs). I like playing with the dog and spending time with the family.

For money I'm a licensed electrician, mainly concentrated on heavy highway construction. Spent 15yrs in the field building traffic signals and street lighting, now in the office estimating projects. Before that I was head chef at a restaurant near where I grew up.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back