What else do I need to know about corydoras aeneus?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Salty&Onion

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I know basics about them only, like tank size and stuff..
What else do I need to know about them? I plan on adding lots of plants to my tank and I wonder if this will be alright for them?

Sand is a must, 20 gallons or larger, but you will likely need to soften your water, they can only handle up to 268ppm range. Wild caught are unlikely to find but possible... and they'd do better softer water, so opt to get the albino bronze as theyre guaranteed tank raised.

Oh yeah! Sorry, I forgot to mention that my water hardness is 253ppm and I have a 33 gallon with sand in since yesterday :) I'll see if my local store has albinos.
And thanks for the link.
Would be my sand be slightly without debris with cories? I also plan on getting some malaysian trumpet snails too.

Oh yeah! Sorry, I forgot to mention that my water hardness is 253ppm and I have a 33 gallon with sand in since yesterday :) I'll see if my local store has albinos.
And thanks for the link.
Would be my sand be slightly without debris with cories? I also plan on getting some malaysian trumpet snails too.
they do stir up the sand a little bit, but the only thing to get rid of debris on sand is to vacuum it up. Cories won't eat the debris unless it's food. But if you've got food on your sand, you may be feeding a touch too much.

they do stir up the sand a little bit, but the only thing to get rid of debris on sand is to vacuum it up. Cories won't eat the debris unless it's food. But if you've got food on your sand, you may be feeding a touch too much.
Cool :) I know how to vacuum sand, but I still suck in some...
There is like no easiest method on vacuuming sand? I've got incredibly large stock and sand got so dirty since yesterday :/

if you have large stock, adding more may not clean your sand for you.

What id suggest is for vacuuming, get a smaller siphon hose enough for you to vacuum up the bottom without sucking out water too fast. Then once it's thoroughly vacuumed, just switch to your normal siphon.

What id suggest is for vacuuming, get a smaller siphon hose enough for you to vacuum up the bottom without sucking out water too fast. Then once it's thoroughly vacuumed, just switch to your normal siphon.
Cool, thank you so much :)
May I ask which hose is absolutely the best for vacuuming sand? I use Fluval Edge one, but it has a high water flow..

Sorry for asking out of the blue... but could I PM you?

Can be this one?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
just get a 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch plastic siphon hose from the hardware store. Ask them to cut it to 3 feet or so and use that one for vacuuming

I'd love to talk and bury the hatchet between us :blush:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back