What does my Dawrf Red gourami HAVE???!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Antek301

Reaction score
IS this like disease or like a scar or ick I have in him in a quarantine tub just incase but I really have to know so I can treat hime well or put him back into the community tank

Attachments

• IMG_8677.jpeg
    IMG_8677.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,094
Welcome to the forum. We’re here to help. We need some info first before we can help you

What size is his tank?
How long has the tank been set up?
How long have you had him?
How long has he been like this?
What other fish are in the tank?
Have you tested the water? If so what are the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate readings?
Have you added any new fish or plants to the tank in the last two weeks?

Welcome to the forum. We’re here to help. We need some info first before we can help you

What size is his tank?n10g
How long has the tank been set up? 1 year +
How long have you had him? since today
How long has he been like this? don't know
What other fish are in the tank? tetras
Have you tested the water? If so what are the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate readings? I did everything is perfect
Have you added any new fish or plants to the tank in the last two weeks? yes this one the red gourami

Could you provide actual test result numbers from you testing the water? What kit are you using to test the water?

I don't know what he has or if he has anything. Its obvious he is discolored because he is stressed heavily. I don't see how its ich. There are not white spots anywhere but keep an eye out because when fish are stressed, that's when those ich parasites are able to attack way better.

It is not a dwarf but a thicklipped.
Provide it with some plants in the QT.
That will prevent the stresspart for a bit.
Don't see exactly what you're talking about.

From what has been said, you only had the fish a couple of days. It can take a week or more for a new fish to fully settle and colour up. The poor thing is severely stressed out...he was caught at the shop, plonked into a bag, carried home, put into a new (to him) aquarium, taken back out of the aquarium and plonked into a different tub.

You would be off colour and stressed out too if you had gone through all of that in a matter of two days.

Most reactions

Back