What do you think of the soft plastic 1,000 gallon pond?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Its orange- not a good thing and why they made it that color is beyond my style. The clear plastic panels are not high clarity..but for what it is,I can understand that. Price dictates some tradeoffs.
I wish I had the room. Real aquariums of a 1,000 gallons even used are thousands of dollars. Never put in spiny fish or nibblers like Pacu-Red Hooks. If you stick to soft finned fish it could last a long time indoors.

I was asked to not post links. Only I had posted that link on TFF. I think mods deleted it.
Anyways for $500,I think it's a great bargain. Except they come in two colors,ghastly orange and normal blue. Must UV resistant also.
Look on Youtube for "My 1,000 gallon pool" I think it was.

Like i said,If i had the room? I would get one. $500...compare to an Acrylic 1,000. Those would run closer to $20,000. Cash.
Sure the plastic windows are funky...but that much room and you have small fish so that the scale is like looking at a section of a small stream? Sounds good to me.

The ones I have seen are not very durable (with and without viewable panels). So although comparatively inexpensive, they are not as good or as long term solutions as one may think.

Interesting- why I posted. I know spiny fish and chewers are asking too much. Maybe time too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back