What do you hate when little kids r in a LFS

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i was in my L.F.S the other day, and this woman had like 5 kids with her, and yes 4 of them came running in poting at the tanks scaring the fish saying "NEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and asking the mother if they can buy one and put it in a goldfish bowl, and the owner said they need salty waters and they just said they got some salt at home, and would not refuse until the shop owner finally told them tht to keep a marine fish + tank is expensive and then the kids starting crying adthe mum was so embarrased she just walked out the shop, so you may say its the parents but the kids are just as bad

I think it's kinda silly when adults with kids come in and the parents who know about fish keeping come and ask their kids what they want, and what they can have, and when, say I'm looking at the Cichlids they go "Oh no dear, you can't have any of those. They are alo0t of work and need a BIG tank" loud enough so I can hear them.... :rollseyes:

haha ^ yep i heard someone say summit along them lines today.

my l.f.s will only sell u 10 fish f there the same bread like all the tetras

2 differnt breeds, 2 of each breed tigar barbs, angel fish for example.

i think its good advice and helps the coustomer to come back and get more.

yeah theres a rule where LFS workers cant sell you fish if youre under 16 without a parent. it helps with all those little kids but it kinda annoys me cuz one of my parents have to be there if i wanna buy a fish

I certainly dont blame the kids.
There are warning signs however.Any parents getting out of a jeep/range rover or people carrier with a "Baby on board " sticker or even worse a "little rascal/princess on board" sticker should be slapped the minute they come into the shop as this will save time later on :nod:

Great quote :lol:

Lol, yeah, thats really funny.
I know my aunt spoils my cousin rotten.
She'll buy him anything....
The first day I went to petco with him, she drove us...I explained to him the cycling process, so we were buying some danios.
We were talking to an emploiee and we were discussing what he could use besides danios, and my aunt kicked in and said "He can get whatever he wants!"
really, I mean, really? :no:
Then she I started re-explaining the cycling process, and she shrugged it off and went "whatever."
Maybe for a 25 yr old parent, but certainly not one with a 12 yr old son!
Gosh.....he is constentkly buying new fish....he's had 3 commen plecs, claiming they die from illness. He keeps them in one small 10G with a lizardy type thing, a 5" goldfish, and 2 different tetras

Screaming "look, its NEMO" then they ask if they can buy him and put it in a 5g...and the LFS says its ok! :crazy:

Hey! Watch what you say. I was an LFS employee at one point and I never told them it was okay. Neither did my co-workers.

I think it's the parents to blame. Not at all the kids, cause I'm still one :D
Parents need to keep control of their kids. I even saw this parent who picked up their kid and let him touch the fish :X

I don't like kids in general, so pretty much anything they do annoys me! :lol:
On occasion I do see a well-behaved child who actually has respect for the fish and other animals at a LPS, but that's few and far between... at least a few people do know how to raise their children correctly.

If only you take the trouble, it's easier to train kids than adults. Mine are better behaved round the pet shop than a lot of grown-ups I see. I only wish I had the training of the lfs staff as well! A few hours of sitting on the stairs or not being allowed any pudding might teach them not to put the bettas in with the danios!

With kids I find the essential thing is to stop outside the entrance and just remind them, 'look we're going into a pet shop, what is it we have to remember?'. That works an awful lot better than shouting at them post factum.

Most reactions

trending

Back